𝐄 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓 ----- 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬

______________

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒

______________

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 blades of grass between her fingers as she awaited for the Box'a arrival

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 blades of grass between her fingers as she awaited for the Box'a arrival. Inside would be her new clothes along with the new frightened greenie. A night of celebration would ensue for the latest member of the Glade.

Minny was far more excited about her new wardrobe, the clothes she wore now were far too tight and uncomfortable to move around in. Her seemingly unnatural-fitting clothes earned her odd stares from some of the other boys. Her mind couldn't quite fathom why, many of the other boys wore clothes that hung off of their lanky frames, or some -like Gally- seemed to bust out of their clothes. No one commented or paid attention to them, so why did they whisper and stare at her?

It was rather peculiar as she plucked the grass five blades at a time, the number satisfying her mind.

That was yet another peculiarity that seemed to plague both her and the other Glader's minds. Minny did everything in fives, everything was sorted into five or there had to be five groups. She plucked berries five at a time -under the supervision of others because of her near-death experience not too long ago-, poured cups for five-second increments. . . it was all rather odd.

But Minny was odd and Nick had told her before his disappearance, that she was perfect just as she was.

She often missed Nick. She longed for his words of kindness and their small talks amongst the tree branches. He listened to her ideas whilst Alby was set on rules and strict conduct. Nick played along with her delusions, something many of the others ridiculed her for.

The familiar dreadful sound of the box had Minny awoken from her thoughts and jumping to her feet. The surrounding boys paid the thrilled girl no mind as she practically vibrated as she stood -threatened from looking at the girl in the wrong way, not that she knew that.

The girl had assumed they were voluntarily choosing to ignore her, maybe for a game? At least she hoped it was a game they had not informed her of.

A hand clasped over her shoulder, halting her eager bounces. "Calm down, sugar." Fry laughed, "Looks like you're about to shucking explode."

She flashed her pearly teeth, "I am! Do you think They answered my request?" She practically shouted, earning crossed looks from the grouchiest boys.

He scoffed out a broken chuckle, "For the sake of my sanity, yes."

Minny relaxed into a short silence, short. She turned back to the rather tall boy now at her side. Why were they all becoming so tall? "Do you think They use our time in here as entertainment?" Fry drew his brows together, curling his lip into a frown as she continued. "I mean I watch the bugs crawl around and watch you lot work for fun. Who's to say the Creators don't do the same?"