𝐒𝐈𝐗 ----- 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞?

______________

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄?

______________

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 Minny's eyes as they fluttered open

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 Minny's eyes as they fluttered open. Her brown iris' not fully accustomed to the brightness of the Med-jack Bay, hidden behind the darkness of her eyelids for far too long to comprehend. Her throat felt tight and strained as she tried to shift in her bed. She inhaled sharply and tried to form words to gain any sort of help. Her windpipe was gone and instead replaced with a saw that carved the useless sounds into her throat.

She whimpered reaching up to cup her throat. She pushed herself up in the bed, letting her fingertips touch the bandages wrapped firmly around her throat. It hurt to speak, to breathe, to try and fight to live.

"Holy sh- Klunk!" A tray clattered against the ground. Minny looked up and locked eyes with Clint. His mouth hung open as he stared back at her, to be totally shucking honest, he thought she wouldn't be able to pull through. "Minny!" He exclaimed after the shock factor wore off, rushing to her side. "Are you okay? How do you feel!?"

Minny went to speak but only broken sounds came out. Her face contorted into pain as she did everything she could to talk, but nothing worked. Clint pursed his lips, he suspected at least some damage would be done to her voice box. The area underneath the bandage was still enveloped in purples and blues, it would be a while before she could speak again. He held up his finger, "Slim it, not another word. I have something, give me a few."

Minny watched curiously as he left the room. The sounds of things being tossed around drew her brows together, and the Gladers found her odd? Clint was far odder than she was.

When he returned he had a pencil and notebook in his grasp. "Here, we don't have a lot so don't waste the pages." He looked at her pointedly.

She smiled up at him and began writing in almost cursive writing. 'My throat hurts and it hurts to breathe out of my mouth. Everything else is good :)' Minny never remembered learning how to write or read, it was just something she unexplainably knew how to do like cooking. She could just do it. She flipped the book around and proudly held out her writing to the Keeper of the Med-jacks.

"Okay, seems all you need is some painkillers. Lucky for you, Newt only needed a few." Minny looked at him with concern written all over her face. What had happened to Newt? Clint instantly realized the panic he installed in Minny, "Don't worry, he's fine. Just resting." It wasn't entirely a lie, but it wasn't his story to tell to others, only Newt's.

She relaxed into her feather pillow happy to hear that her friend was okay. Clint passed her a large red pill and a large jar of water. "Come back to me every day until I tell you otherwise, okay shank? And have Frypan whip you up some tea, tell him I told you so." She nodded along, sipping down her water and pill.