Rebirth

Late at night, an eerie silence enveloped Misato's apartment. The only sounds breaking through the stillness were the faint echoes of video games emanating from the living room.

Misato, weary yet determined, approached Shinji, who was engrossed in playing a video game, a birthday gift bestowed upon him.

"Hey, Shinji," she called out, her fingers gently massaging her temple.

Shinji responded with a mere grunt, his gaze fixated on the game, his concentration unwavering.

"Can you turn that off for a moment, please?" Misato requested, her voice carrying an undertone of fatigue.

Shinji reluctantly paused the game, shifting his attention to Misato. Her expression conveyed urgency, a hint of something weighty hanging in the air.

"It's about your dad," Misato began, concern etched in her voice.

Shinji, now fully engaged, abandoned his previous indifference. He turned to face Misato, a subtle expression of disgust and discomfort replacing his former nonchalance.

"What about him?" Shinji inquired.

"You probably already know, but... he's not a good person. He's attacking us," Misato revealed, her words hanging heavy in the air. Shinji's father, it seemed, was orchestrating a threat against them.

"I know he's not the best dad in the world, but what do you mean he's hurting us?" Shinji sought clarification.

Misato sighed, her gaze averted as she admitted what she would rather not have. "It was him who sent the soldiers."

Shinji's head drooped momentarily as he contemplated this revelation. After a few seconds, he met Misato's gaze once more.

"I thought about it for a moment, but I guess I didn't want to accept it. I thought that maybe, even a little, he would do something good for me instead of this..." Shinji confessed.

"He doesn't, Shinji. And he poses a danger to all of us. I don't know what his objective is, but I know he doesn't hesitate to kill anyone who interferes with it. That's why we must take him down," Misato stated gravely, her eyes locked onto Shinji.

"Jhon and I already have a plan, but first, I needed to ask you if you think it's the right thing to do. After all, he's your father," Misato added.

Shinji hesitated, a prolonged silence hanging in the room as he contemplated the weight of the situation. Finally, he spoke.

"Do it. If he's a danger to humanity, then you must stop him. But... please don't kill him, unless you really think it's necessary," Shinji requested, and Misato nodded in agreement.

...

"How did he take it?" Jhon inquired as they prepared to put their plan into action.

"Good, I think," Misato replied.

"Then we are ready," Jhon affirmed, leading his team into a building, prepared to descend into the dark of the labyrinthine sewers.

...

"What do you mean you don't remember anything?!" Mari exclaimed, frustration etched into her voice. The four teenagers had gathered in a room, attempting to coax information from Rei, who claimed to have no recollection of recent months.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question," Rei responded calmly.

"This doesn't make sense at all! How is it possible that you don't remember months of friendship?" Mari protested vehemently.

Shinji, sharing Mari's confusion, added, "Yeah, it's like you're back to the first time we met you."

"Exactly, like a doll!" Asuka chimed in, although Rei seemed unfazed by the term.