ღ. 𝑩𝒆𝒕

I don't really consider this as a fluff.  Part two

----------------------------------------------------------

Eddie was walking in the school corridor; he was heading to where he and his bandmates were practicing for the school contest tomorrow. He could feel someone walking behind him, and suddenly he could feel a weight on his shoulder. He already knows it's Steve; he's the one who's been bothering him for the past few months.

"What do you want, Harrington?"

"Just wondering how's my boyfriend?"

Eddie almost threw up. This guy is crazy.

"Uh, uh, correction. Ex-boyfriend, get your hands off me." Eddie slapped Steve's hand, causing Steve to retract his arm around Eddie's shoulder.

"We're getting cocky, aren't we?"

"You're the one who's getting cocky here, Steve; did you forget you're the one who broke up with me? I didn't know where you got the courage to do that after cheating on me."

Steve looks at Eddie with guilty eyes; he can't say he didn't mean to cheat. He thought he was falling out of love, but he was wrong. When he kissed the person who he thought he was in love with, it felt so wrong; it didn't feel as good as the way Eddie kissed him; there was no electricity, no euphoria, nothing, just a plain, bland kiss. But it's too late. Eddie was there, standing with an expression that you couldn't draw and tears on his face. He wiped away those tears and ran away. After that incident, he's trying to win Eddie back; he's ready to be a better boyfriend or even husband; he doesn't care as long as Eddie's on his side.

"I'm sorry, and I will not get tired of asking for your forgiveness. I know it's stupid that I'm trying to win you back, but I'm desperate. I love you, Eddie."

Eddie doesn't want to gamble with his feelings again, but does he still love Steve? stupid, but yes, he does, but he's scared of getting hurt again.

"I told you to stop. Didn't I?" 

"Just give me a chance, please? How about a bet?" Eddie snorts. This guy's unbelievable, he thought.

"Really? A bet? That's your idea of winning me back?" Steve nods with a grin on his face.

"Come to my game tomorrow. If we win, let me court you, and please give me a chance. Let me prove myself to you, and if I lose, I won't bother you anymore." Eddie considered it, but it's risky. Eddie knows they're likely going to win, but what if there's a miracle and they lose? Eddie considers the chances.

"Fine," Steve's face lit up. Eddie thought it was the cutest thing ever, but he brushed the thought off and walked away from Steve, who was celebrating. What a dork.

                              ☆

Today's the day Steve will win Eddie back. He's very confident that they will win the game; he literally forced his teammates to practice more for a sure win, and surprisingly, they did. Steve's the captain after all.

When they entered the court, they were greeted with loud shouts and cheers. Steve automatically searched for Eddie; he didn't see Eddie anywhere, but instead he saw Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and surprisingly, Nancy came too. Of course, Robin was with some girl; he forgot what her name was. They're cheering for him; he was happy to see that his friends were there, but he was a little upset that Eddie was not present, but he believes that Eddie was just late.

It's already 20 minutes, Eddie's nowhere to be seen, and Steve and his team are losing. Steve mentally curses himself up; they still need 15 points to win.

Meanwhile, Eddie's still practicing. He did forget about Steve's game; he only remembered the game when Gareth mentioned it, and now he's also mentally cursing himself for running to the court.

Eddie was late but not late to see Steve shoot the ball and miss. He was about to laugh, but he stopped himself when he saw how Steve's face saddened.

Eddie may hate Steve, but he hates that look plastered on Steve's face more than he should, and he still cares for Steve. Eddie's eyes lingering at Steve, he observes how beautiful this man was; he thinks those perfect locks are now messy, and it looked hot as fuck, even with those frustrated eyes.

Steve looked in Eddie's direction. He thought his eyes were tricking him because of how stressed he was, but no, there he was, Eddie Munson, the prettiest boy he had ever seen. He looked cute with the low bun and little strand of curls in the side of his face. He was sweating. He looked like he ran, which he did.

Everyone was shocked at how fast Steve's team was recovering their score. At the last minute of the game, Steve scored, and they won. Everyone cheered for him, including Eddie. He didn't know why he was so happy when this meant he had to give Steve a second chance, but he just shrugged it all off. Robin, Dustin, Mike, Nancy, and Lucas were expecting Steve to come to them, but instead Steve turned and made his way to Eddie. They were confused, but when they saw who Steve greeted first, they all shared the same look. Now they know why Steve's team miraculously won.

"I didn't know you were such a good cheerleader." Eddie playfully rolled his eyes. Whatever, Harrington"  

"You aren't backing off our bet, aren't you?"

"A bet's a bet, Steve; I ain't pussy." Steve laughs; it's been a long time since he let out a laugh—not a chuckle or giggle, but a laugh. He looked at his friends' awkward waving.

"You're playing later, right?" Eddie nods 

"Yeah, are you going to watch?"

"I won't miss it; wait here, I'm going to talk to my friends. You look beautiful, by the way!" Steve winks, causing Eddie to blush more.

                              ☆

Eddie's getting ready for the contest; he opened the box that Steve gave him, and he told Eddie that if he won't wear it if they play, then he's the certified pussy of the century.

All Eddie could do was laugh at how ridiculous the shirt was. It's a black and white crop top with text that says Steve Harrington's, and the font is really fancy, so he decided to wear it anyway.

Steve is with Dustin, Robin, and Robin's girlfriend, Vickie. They're waiting for Eddie's band to perform.

Minutes later, the MC announced that it was Corroded Coffin's turn. The four of them squeezed their way to the crowd so they could see Eddie's band playing.

There was a really dramatic smoke, and when the smoke thing was gone, Eddie's face appeared, and the cheer was louder. The metalhead's really pretty and hot with the croptop that Steve gave him and black long sleeves fishnets underneath the croptop, black skinny jeans with some ripped on the ankle as a design, and he then put some eyeliner on top it off. Steve admits that seeing Eddie play with his guitar made him hard. I mean, who fucking doesn't? Did you see those fingers and the outfit? They played a heavy metal song called Ride the Lightning; he wasn't familiar with that, but he enjoyed it.

The Corroded Coffin finally finished their performance. Eddie was surprised by Steve, who's in the backstage with his friends, who's also his friends.

"Nice crop top you got there, Eddie," Robin teased. "Yeah, it totally looks good on you; you should wear it every day." Steve joined Robin.

"Shut up, Harrington; you too, Buckley." Eddie tries to cover his laugh with a frown, but he ends up laughing.

"Wanna go on a date?" Steve asked Eddie, who was waiting for a rejection but didn't get one, "Why not?" Their friends made some crazy noises in the background.

"Save your date later; let's wait for the result first."

"Fuck this contest; I'm going on a date." Eddie said that as a joke, he'll be back later; he's not going to stand there and wait; there are literally five more bands who're going to perform.

Eddie and Steve interlock their fingers, exiting the back stage to go wherever the wind takes them.