~7~

Kess

I walk briskly into my class, clutching the belt of my backpack.

The class population is scanty, mostly male, due to the whole 'new striker' thing.

Not that I'm complaining.

"Everyone, settle down!!" The biology teacher commands once he steps into the class.

He's a tall, dark complexioned man with a frightening amount of facial hair.

He scans the class briefly with his eyes, and his grip on the cane in his hand tightens.

"Where are the other biology students?!!" He fumes.

"Sir, they're on the field." Someone at the back explains.

"Doing what?! During class period!!"

"No sir, They're trying to get a new play-striker I mean"

"How does that concern me? Are they Super Eagles or one correct football team?!" He ignores the giggles of some girls who found that funny.

"Let them come, I'm ready for them" He continues.

It doesn't take long before one by one, people start to trickle into class each receiving their share of six hot lashes of cane.

Despite their pleas and attempt at excuses, Mr. Elvis doesn't even spare a single one.

I reluctantly take note of the fact that curly-Kaycee doesn't show up.

I hope its not because of the way I spoke to him on the field.

I dislike people but I don't necessarily like being disliked.

Hypocritical. Yeah, I know.

I twirl my pen around while trying to understand what the teacher's talking about.

Glycolysis..Krebs Cycle...

My train of thoughts are interrupted by someone storming angrily into class.

Kaycee!

His facial expression screams 'bloody murder'.
A girl yelps in fear as he barges in.

He ignores her and begins to dash towards his seat which happens to be my seat too.

"And where do you think you're going?" Mr. Elvis turns back from the board.

"My seat" He says like its obvious.

"Very funny. Turn your back and touch your toes!" Mr. Elvis reaches for his cane.

"No" Kaycee grunts audibly.

"What did you say?" Mr. Elvis looks taken aback.

"No. I will not" He undauntedly states.

"Its either you touch your toes or you leave and-"

He is interrupted by the slam of the class door when Kaycee storms out.

The class is worked into a frenzy as almost everyone is in shock at Kaycee's rude behavior.

Myself included.

I have a feeling that this is all my fault, so I can't help but feel guilty when Mr. Elvis makes a threat to report Kaycee to the school authorities.

And I can tell it's not an empty threat because as soon as he wraps up his lecture, he sprints his way out muttering some profanities beneath his breath.

A few people keep asking me what's wrong with Kaycee cause he's my seatmate or whatever.

Its not like I know the guy!