Chapter 19: Check

At the Patio of Bae's garden

Of course, Mr. Bae is winning three rounds already. And Seulgi didn't want to be seen as the loser, he ask to play once again and again. This amused Mr. Bae.

Mr. Bae: hey, kiddo... this will be the last round... *warningly said to Seulgi who is now focusing on the chess board*

Seulgi *focus on the board*little sweat on his forehead*just nod head*thinking how can he win this round*

Mr. Bae *he is now using the white pieces* Ok, here I go... *he moves the Pawn move to F4*his first move*

Seulgi *see then move his pawn to E6*smirk a little*

Mr. Bae *moves his next pawn move to G4 to stop Seulgi from taking down his first pawn*

Seulgi *smiled as he see that move*mind: finally...*smoothly move his Queen along the diagonal to H4* checkmate... *proudly said with his sexy voice*

Mr. Bae *shock* wait... *then he looks at the board*his King cannot move anywhere or no pieces that can interpose or block Seulgi's queen from checking his King*and no pieces that can capture the checking piece or capture the queen*

Seulgi: I win this round...

This is the sequence of the game:-

Pawn (white) move to F4 (open up the King's diagonal exposing the king and creating a weakness), black pawn move to E6 (make space for Queen and Bishop), Pawn white move to G4 (opening up the King's diagonal), Queen (black) move along the diagonal to H4 and checking the King. There is no way to move the King from its place due to no safe square to move and there are no pieces that can interpose or block the queen from checking the King and no pieces that can capture the checking piece or capture the Queen. What just happened? The black has checkmated white in two moves.

Mr. Bae: Ok... but I'm still the winner with a 3:1 point... *scoffs*

Seulgi *nod*agree with Mr. Bae* it's a nice game Mr. Bae... *extends his hand for the handshake*with smile*

Mr. Bae *shakes Seulgi's hand*then smile* did you drink?

Seulgi: ye-yes... *didn't sure what Mr. Bae is asking him*

A Few Minutes Later

Mr. Bae *pours the whiskey into Seulgi's cup*half* Drink now...

Seulgi *dizzy*with red face*slurring his words*politely* Thank you, Mr. Bae... *smile silly*sip the whiskey*

Mr. Bae *waves his left hand in front of Seulgi's face* call me Appa... *slur*then sip the cup half of whiskey that Seulgi brought for him*laugh*smile widely to him* you are my son-in-law... I approve of you...

Seulgi *smile more as he hears Mr. Bae's words* Yes... Appa... *chuckles*he is so drunk*this is their 6 bottles*the the first bottle is red wine*the second and third bottle is the soju*then the fourth and the fifth bottle is the mix of soju with the beer*then the last bottle is whiskey*the whiskey hit him so much*his limit is 5 huge glass of beers*he only drink that much before with his friend*but now is more*for sure someone will get hangover*

Irene *who sees this horror seen*quickly walk to Seulgi to check on him* Are you ok, baby? *softly ask Seulgi*

Seulgi: Oh... my Love... *he said as he see his beautiful girlfriend* this is my girlfriend... Bae Joo-Hyun aka Bae Irene... *giggles*you cannot see his eyes due to his big smile*slur in each of his words*