The First Day

Driving to her new job, Selene felt nervous. The butterflies in her stomach were tickling and making her feel a little bit nauseous. She was greeted by Patricia who took her around the office and introduced her to everyone else and then showed her to her desk. Selene had been working as a medical assistant in Cardiology for the past three years, but she had wanted to be closer to the city and found the job posting in a city close to Dallas. It was perfect. She fit right in and picked up on all of the tasks and responsibilities quickly, learning how each doctor liked their schedule and what to do if a patient called needing them. One of Dr. Roses patients called to ask about a medication they had recently started, so  Selene asked Patricia what she should do. "Text Dr. Rose and see what he says" Patricia replied. This took Selene off guard, the previous cardiologist she worked for never wanted to be bothered with texts. "Ok, I need his number", she stammered. Patricia obliged and Selene began the text. He replied quickly but completely ignored her question, "hey, how's it going?" She felt her face flush as she read the simple message. "Sorry I completely skipped over saying good morning, I'm great loving it here so far. How are you?" She pressed send and held her breath. "Oh I'm feeling great, never better. Tell them to cut the medication in half and get back with me in a week." "Yes sir" was all she replied. Another message popped up on her screen from him, "remind him I told him he needed to be on a lower dosage from the beginning and tell him he needs to listen to his doctor, that's the way it needs to go because I know best." Her heart was racing. Was he coming on to her? The message seemed to be dripping in sensual tones but she couldn't tell if it was because she wanted them to be or if he really was being playful. She decided to be daring and go for it. "Oh wow are you a dom or a doctor lol", it was risky, but cute and innocent she felt. He responded with one word that would soon change the course of her future, possibly for a lifetime, "both". After that, she didn't have the courage to say anything back but she couldn't stop thinking about what he had said. She had never experienced a dom before or even really considered wanting to be dominated by someone else, in fact it was a turn off to think about with her husband and went against every feminist ideal ever taught to her by her mother. But something about him saying it intrigued her.