Thievery

A/N. We got reviews!

"a good start, some minor edits necessary but which new story doesnt have those

cant wait to see how this story goes, the premise looks good and i havent really seen something as similar to this before

keep up the good work :D"- Marius Tiberius Black

Glad you seem to enjoy it. I have seen some Pirate AU's, but they are always Percabeth, and they also have different plots than the one I have in store. I will certainly continue my work.

"Good start. Love the idea cat wait for next chapter"- Icefire99

I'm glad you like it! I am certainly excited to take you all on this journey with me. Here's the next part.

"Please continue"- jtartd1628

Will do. Here's another chapter.

Chapter Two

     Zoë loved the library. Between dodging her suitors and her duties, it was the perfect place to hide. That and the woods near her house. Being the daughter of the governor, who himself was the nephew of the King of England, she had a lot of both, both being responsibilities and suitors. Well, mainly the second one. Sure, she had responsibilities, but she didn't mind those all too much. Hiding just came with the bonus of avoiding them.

     The suitors, on the other hand, she had way too many. Being the daughter of the daughter of the governor made her prime picking for getting in good standing with the governor. Her looks didn't deter them away, sadly.

     So, the library it was. It started off when she realized that nobody in all of Port Othrys actually read. Most of the people were far more worried with being raided by pirates and shipping out different goods to actually read and things. Which was fair, good reasons not to read.

     But because of this, the library was pretty small, with only a small selection of books. Almost every book was a diary from the crew among different ships. Some being merchant ships, and others, pirates.

     And it was the last ones that Zoë found most interesting. Pirates had what she wanted: freedom. They were outlaws. Laws didn't apply to them, but they also didn't protect them. They relied on themselves and their crewmates to protect each other.

     But what she also found interesting, was that, between being a merchant sailor or a pirate, being a pirate was the better option. Everything on a pirate ship was decided democratically. They voted on everything—where to go, who was captain, and things of that sort. It was why mutinies worked so well. Pirates actually got paid fairly, unlike the crew on a merchant ship. They got compensation for injuries, getting limb replacements should they lose one.

     One thing all pirates had noted at least once in their journals, was a pirate they all looked up to. They described him as a young teen, with a small crew and ship. Identifiable by the trident tattooed on his left wrist. No one knew what he looked like outside of that, saying that he left no survivors.

     Zoë shut the journal she was reading and put it back on the shelf. She turned to gather her things when the door to the library opened swiftly. A man ran in as Zoë ducked behind a bookshelf. She separated two books to make a crack she could look through.

     "Ms. Chase!" The man said to the librarian who was sitting at her desk.

     She looked up from her desk and at the man. "Yes sir?"

     "Have you seen the governor's daughter? Her father is looking for her. She has some urgent business to attend to."

     Zoë cursed quietly. Language she would be reprimanded for if her father heard her using it.