Chapter 1

"And with the 58th pick in the 2022 NBA draft, The Indiana Pacers select Hugo Besson"

Nba deputy commissioner Mark Tatum said announcing the last pick of the 2022 draft

Which made you sad and disappointed in yourself because you failed of reaching your lifelong dream of getting into the NBA.

----

Back in 2018, you were one of the most sought-after guards coming into college due to your multiple stellar performances in high school averaging 22.7 points, 8.2 assists, and 2.4 rebounds per game while shooting 47/42/89 from the field.

You were so good that ESPN gave you a 5-star profile in your class that included Zion Willamson, RJ Barret, and Darius Garland.

And with that ranking that you got because of your hard work, a bunch of colleges with strong basketball programs approached your family to get your commitment to them, but luckily your preferred college sent you a college scholarship which you didn't hesitate to take.

And that college is UCLA.

The announcement of your commitment to UCLA was very big news to the college basketball fans because they know what the Bruins are getting to you.

Yes, you are not a physical juggernaut like Zion with you only having a height of 6'0 and weighing only 79 kilograms. It was your basketball and leadership skills that have garnered a lot of attention.

First, you are a very good passer that occasionally does some flashy passes that make the crowd goes ooooh. You are also a very able scorer when you are needed to be that you once dropped 37 points in one game to carry your team to a victory and mind you that you do your scoring in high efficiency.

And lastly, you are a very good person inside and outside of the court, you get along with your teammates and coaches and despite being at very a young age you are always elected to be the team captain of your high school team.

Many scouts had compared you to the great NBA legends like Chris Paul and John Stockton.

And due to those comparisons slowly but surely the people's expectations of you are so high.

But you persevere and continue your hard work that offseason so you can lead this UCLA to a bunch of victories.

And deliver those victories you did for UCLA. In your first four games with them, you averaged a staggering 24.6 points, 12.3 assists, and 5.4 rebounds per game. while shooting 50/50/90 from the field that made the NBA scouts drool on you.

But then disaster happened.

While you were playing your fifth game, You managed to steal the ball from the opposing player, initiating a fastbreak.

But sadly, instead of just letting you score, the opposing player tried to contest you mid-air

Bumping to you mid-air, causing you to land awkwardly on your left knee...

Tearing your ACL.

The news of your injury devastated the UCLA fans because they have dreamt of you leading them to a College championship but sadly your season was over.

That year, your agent told you that a number of NBA teams are still wanting to draft you in the 2019 draft.

But because of your sense of responsibility, you decided to return to UCLA for another year...

But as if destiny is playing with you...

While you were doing your standard dribble combo in the offseason. 

You tore your Achilles.

This news once again hurt the UCLA fans because they know that they already lost you and the season ain't even starting yet.

You on the other hand decided to be positive on this yet another challenging rehab. But even you were on the verge of giving up...

For two consecutive years, you have to endure painful physical treatment for you only to learn how to walk again.

Luckily for you, your family, coaches, and teammates were always there for you to support you in any way they can possibly can.

You worked your way up until you're cleared to play again.

But sadly, in your third year, it was clear that you are only a shell of your former self.

In your junior year, you only averaged 12.8 points, 7.6 assists, and 3.1 rebounds per game in an ugly 41/34/90 shooting splits.

But even with your horrible stats, you hoped that an NBA will draft you because of your potential. 

But here you are... an undrafted free agent.

Your agent who really cares about you a lot decided to show you your remaining options.

The first was to try out in the NBA summer league to try to get a two-way contract.

And the second option is to play overseas.

The second option intrigued you that you ask your agent about it.

"But is there even an overseas team out there that will be foolish enough to have me?" you asked making your agent smile.

"Yes, and they are actually offering you 500,000 US dollars for your service."

Hearing this offer, you excitedly ask your agent for more information and he happily answered those.

"But which country will I be playing in?" You asked your agent one final time.

"Y/n have you been to South Korea before?"

(Hello there guys author here <3 so I decided to create a new book about professional basketball. I hope you guys will like it and support this book like yall did in my first one. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! ( ◜‿◝ )♡)