Chapter 8: Grief

TW for a panic attack 

A/N: Do you want the other two Spideys in the room?

—————————————————————————————-

INT. HAPPY'S CAR - NIGHT

Happy is speeding down the road. He calls Peter, gets his voicemail.

PETER (OVER CAR SPEAKERS) This is Peter. Leave a message.

HAPPY Uh, yeah, Peter this is Happy. I accessed my doorbell camera. Who are those guys, huh? Is that a cyborg? Did you bring a cyborg with robot legs into my house? Is one of the guys made of mud? What's going on? Call me back.

"That's gonna be hard to explain" Tony remarked with a sly grin, Peter shuffled in his spot next to Tony. He didn't really get the chance to explain, did he?

Norman does calculations off to the side.

DOC OCK How does it feel, Norman? You're about to become whole again. No more darker half. Just you.

NORMAN Just me.

Norman turns to face Doc Ock and smiles. Ock grins back

Natasha sent a look to Clint who returned it with a grimace, this wasn't going to end well.

Electro and Peter sit at the kitchen table. Peter holds out Electro's cure device.

PETER Okay, um... It just goes right here.

Peter places the device onto Electro's chest awkwardly. It activated and Electro shifts uneasily

PETER (CONT'D) That should be drawing power now. I'm gonna come back in a second just to check on it. But...

Peter points out lights on the device.

PETER (CONT'D) Keep an eye on the lights. When they're all green, it means that all the electricity in your body's dissipated. Well, not all of the electricity. I mean, obviously you know that you need electricity for your brain to function. Your nervous system is--

"Kid" Tony chuckled fondly, while Bucky seemed a bit disappointed that he had stopped in his rant.

(then)

I'm not really sure why I'm explaining electricity to you.

This earned a laugh from everyone. Peter groaned and put his palm to his forehead in exasperation.

ELECTRO Can I ask you a question?

PETER Sure.

ELECTRO(re: kitchen table) Are these your LEGOs?

An awkward beat.

Ned laughed and held a hand up to Peter, who slapped it after a moments hesitation

An alert signals from the storage room.

PETER Uh, I gotta go. I'll be back.

"Saved by the bell" Bucky taunted, shaking his head. Peter rolled his eyes and held up his middle finger.

"Parker! How dare you? I am highly offended! I shall never recover! Didn't your parents teach you any manners?"

"Skeletons can't talk, Barnes"