The Monk

He awoke in a room, at least he assumed it was a room. There may have been walls, but he couldn't tell how far they were. The entire room was pitch black. He walked for a few minutes in one direction, and after not reaching a wall or door, he began to run. He tried to keep his breathing down, he just had to stay calm.

Then, without warning, the darkness was replaced with blinding sunlight. He let his eyes adjust, and took in the scene.

It was clearly Paris, but not the one he knew. For one, there was an ocean where the city used to be. He spotted the Eiffel Tower in the distance, on its side and ripped to scraps.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

He spun around, turning to face his former master.

"Did you do this?"

The Monk was meditating on the edge of the building, he couldn't believe he hadn't noticed how high they were before, as the ancient woman peacefully sipped on a cup of tea.

"Of course not, I don't have that kind of power. And since you're asking, it wasn't you. I'm quite interested in what exactly caused this."

He took a breath, maintaining his composure in front of the Monk was necessary. As he smoothed his vest down, he noticed something. He was old again, back to his original form.

"I'm... me again? How long was I gone, how long has Paris been like this? What happened to Marinette??"

His teacher clearly didn't care to answer any of these questions, instead, she snapped her fingers, and a portal opened.

Three wisps of smoke came out of the portal, and began to take shape. The first one, colored green, turned into some kind of synthetic human. After a few seconds, it appeared to be more of a mannequin than a real person or robot. It was masculine, bald, and resonating with evil.

The second one, an orange cloud, took the shape of a human girl. Layers of smoke became hair and clothes, and a pair of glasses topped it off. After the transformation was complete, she took her place with the other mystery ghost.

The final wisp was lavender colored, and it quickly turned into its preferred shape. Tall and slender, but with no discernible gender or age. Curly hair sprouted from their head, and a black suit formed around them.

Matching black suits proceed to grow out of the mist surrounding each of them, donning each with a clean and crisp appearance. A neat tie, matching their aura color, attached itself to their necks.

The Monk smiled, "I'd like you to meet Hunter, Amber, and Quinn."

He inspected them closer, they were obviously Spirits. He hadn't encountered them before, at least not that he remembered.

They all stood there, on top of the building, staring at each other for a while. Kira wasn't sure if he was supposed to say something so the Monk could continue her monologue.

Apparently Hunter had the same idea, "So, boss, are we just going to stand here waiting for that thing to find us?"

Suddenly, a leather fedora appeared on Hunter's head, it was glowing with the same aura the mist had before he transformed. Kira wasn't expecting anything else, but then the hat begin to speak.

"Ay yah, if the white demon gets to us before we extract him, we're done for, Spirit or not."

Before Kira could question what he meant by the white demon, a shockwave of magnificent power hit the building, and it started to fall.

All the spirits rushed him at once, and Hunter threw his hat at Kira, but Kira was able to dodge, the fedora fell off the building into the water below.