Akumatized

"H.... Hawkmoth?"

Kira couldn't believe this. All he wanted to do was live a nice quiet life in Paris, he was even starting to get used to going to school again! This was going to be a major problem, one that could easily reveal his true nature to his new friends.

"No, I'm not going to help you fight. I just want to live my quiet life in peace!"

The masked man spoke softly, his voice infiltrating Kira's brain like a parasite. He looked for help, an escape, but there was none.

"Come now, I can give you exactly that. All you have to do is bring me Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous."

Falling to his knees, Kira felt his willpower finally crumble, and from the tie on his chest, he began to change.

Hawkmoth screamed, "From the depths of your mind I bring forth an alias that will haunt the nightmares of any that oppose you! My most glorious creation! Deadly Queen!"

Luka watched as the newly formed villain leapt into the air. Had the battle before hand been a part of the Akumatization? No, he's watched Ladybug fight villains for weeks, and he'd never seen anything like that.

"Hey, kid."

Turning, Luca noticed a boy close to his own age, though much more muscular than him. Adorning a punk hairstyle, he saunters towards him menacingly.

"You know that guy?" The punk asked, placing a large hand on Luka's shoulder. Trying to nod, he tried to remember how much money he had placed in his wallet that morning.

The older boy grinned, "The names Josuke, let's talk."

--

Marinette stared out of the window into the murky night, looking for any sign of Kira. She had bought two ice cream cones, one of which was to be given to her friend. She had secretly hoped they could go somewhere romantic after the dance, but things were beginning to look bleak.

Without warning, the glass in every window shattered. A wave of fire swept through the newly formed holes, and with all the luck in the world Marinette was only thrown backwards and onto the floor, and not incinerated.

Someone stepped out of the smoky haze, and Marinette recognized him immediately.

A lavish purple suit was now hardened armor, though still giving the appearance of a sports jacket and tie. He wore a full face mask resembling a Sphinx Cat, whose ears looked more like horns than actual appendages. Green glass goggles covered his eyes, with narrow pupils gleaming through. A single sharpened tooth found its way out of his mouth, which grinned in delight.

"Ladybug..." he purred, "Come out and play..."

How does he know I'm here?

Marinette didn't have time to think, Kira had been akumatized, and it was up to her to stop him. Rushing into a bathroom, she opened her bag, allowing Tikki to emerge.

The small creature spoke, "Are you going to be able to fight Kira?"

Marinette smiled, "Of course, with you and Cat Noir by my side, we can do anything." Readying herself, Marinette threw her arm into the air.

"Tikki, spots on!"

Unbeknownst to her, in the boys bathroom across the hall, Adrien Agreste was also changing into his superhero identity, ready to take down today's villain.

Ladybug gazed at the destruction that used to be a party, and sighed. They had put so much effort into making it look nice too.

"Care to dance, m'lady?" Dropping down beside her, the feline fiasco smiled. She had never been so glad to see Cat Noir, she would need all the help she could get to take down Kira.

"Sorry Cat, but I've already got someone to dance with." He looked at her with slight disappointment in his eyes, "Right, I forgot, you're already in love with someone else."

Ladybug paused, when she had told him this many times before, she had been referring to Adrien. However, when she had just dismissed his offer, it was Kira in her mind. Were her feelings really changing?

It didn't matter right now, they had a villain to fight and a friend to save.

--

"What are you doing Deadly Queen? Find the heroes and seize their Miraculous at once!" Hawkmoth's voice echoed in Kira's brain, sending a shiver through his body. Flicking his wrist towards the snack bar, he felt a rush of excitement whenever a large explosion sent the pitiful bowls of pretzels and punch flying across the room. Leaping to the steel beams in the ceiling, Kira observed the gymnasium.

"Relax, Hawkmoth. I'm just drawing them out. They're closer than you think."

Right on cue, Ladybug snd Cat Noir dropped from the ceiling brandishing their weapons.

A yo-yo and a stick. Cute.

"Ladybug! Just the hero I wanted to see."

Cat Noir frowned, "Rude." The boy said more to himself to the villain. Ignoring this, Kira returned his attention to Ladybug.

"Here's the deal, I've been given powers that allow me to turn anything I want into a bomb, I don't even have to know where it is or see it! So, you give me your miraculous, along with the cat's, and I don't turn this entire school into a crater. Sound fair?"

This actually made her take a step back. Kira had chosen his words carefully, and they had the intended effect. Most villains they fought were normal people, wrapped up in something far bigger than themselves. Kira was different, Kira had killed before, and was willing to do so again.

"Fat chance, pinky." Cat Noir spat, "Why don't you just tell us where your akuma is so we can all go home?"

With this, the blonde hero launched his weapon forward, straight at Kira. Not only two seconds later, a reaction inside the metal rod cascaded back towards the black cat and sent him flying against the nearest wall.

"Cat Noir!" Ladybug screamed over the explosion. She rushed to help him, seeing a burn on his left shoulder. It wouldn't be too bad, but he wasn't going to be in fighting shape for a while.

"Not so fast, Ladybug." Deadly Queen grinned, "You had your chance to make this all go away quietly. But now, say goodbye to your school."

Raising his hand, he prepared to set off the bombs he had mentally placed on the weight bearing portions of the school, but a sharp pain in his hand stopped him from following through.

A lavender symbol appeared before his face, "I'm afraid I cannot let you do that Deadly Queen, I have someone inside that school that means a great deal to me. Find another way to get their Miraculous."

Kira sneered, and racked his brain as quickly as he could. Within seconds, a new plan was formed, and he jumped to the ground. Grabbing Cat Noir away from Ladybug, he propelled himself through a shattered windowsill with the unconscious hero.

"Tell me where you'd like to meet, Ladybug, and you can fight for your friend's life."

With that, the villain was gone.

Ladybug stared in horror. They had never faced a villain that was so careless with human life, even Hawkmoth didn't seem to want to actually hurt anyone... was this Kira? No, she decided, this is the Akuma inside of him.

Pulling out her yo-yo, Ladybug activated a tracker, built in for occasions just like this. A cat paw-print appeared on a miniature map of Paris, moving fast.

"Don't worry Cat Noir, I'm coming to save you!"