+++ Best +++

"How was your date?" Manik asked, shifting his gaze from the TV screen to his best friend for a millisecond.

"It was good." Nandini tossed her side bag on the couch and joined him on the bed. "He took me to that nursery café. You remember the one I mentioned last week."

He nodded. "Yeah Floral. Right?"

"Yeah that. Mahn the café is so beautiful and the dessert was absolutely mouth watering. We should definitely go there."

"Hmm." he slightly nodded. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah totally."

"Okay." he paused. "If you had fun then that's fine."

"I had a lot of a fun." she grinned , grabbing the other gaming console from the bedside table. "Let's duo."

"Wait a minute. Let me finish this one." he said with his eyes fixed on the TV screen and his hands glued to the gaming console.

"You are playing too aggressively today. You'll be killed this way." she had just completed her sentence when the gaming voiceover declared 'You have been slayed.' and that made her giggle. "See I told you."

"Damn this game!"

"It seems like you are on losing spree."

"Bad match ups." he lied.

He had been holed up in his room the whole day trying to find something to distract his mind but all his efforts had gone in vain. His mind had continuously been reminding him of the fact that Nandini had gone on a date with that curly haired senior of hers and every time he imagined a scene of them smiling and having fun together, it burned his insides and enraged him.

"The last match up didn't seem like that except for the fact that you were playing really bad." she accused.

"I wasn't." he refused to admit it. "Urghh I don't want to play anymore."

"Why not? C'mon play a match with me."

"Nah leave it." he placed his gaming console aside. "Play alone. I have played enough for the day."

"Playing alone isn't fun." Placing her chin on his shoulder, she leaned on him."Play with me na." That was all it took for him to grab his console and enter the match making lobby.

She grinned, rubbing her face lightly on his shoulder. "You are the best."

"I bought pastries from your favourite dessert shop." he pointed towards the box on the table and her grin got wider. She jumped up on her feet and grabbed the box before coming back to bed and hugging him tightly.

"You are the best of the best, Manik."

He hugged her back as he added, "Don't ever forget that."

*****
Yeah don't you ever forget that Nandini. He is the best. He sure is.

I didn't exactly have a good week. I was emotionally exhausted, mentally exploited and had the lowest self esteem. Why am I mentioning this here? Just because I don't know to whom I should ramble about this to.

Thank you to whoever that read this.

Love ❤️💚
Aaku