Chapter 25: A Madness

So very little to say. Please enjoy Chapter 25!

Chapter 25

A Madness

"Adaman, duck!" He was already doing so the second the suggestion left Irida's mouth. Beni was upon him, swiping out with his concealed knife and nearly taking off some of his hair. Adaman stumbled backwards, while Irida took the attack on herself.

She's still got those fiery guts, he chuckled to himself. His eyes still grew serious. There was more than the threat of Beni on the table. "Guess we'll help out. Leaf Blade!"

"Leaf Blade." Beni's curt command sent shivers down Adaman's spine. One of Gallade's arms flashed out, coated with the green glow, becoming as a sword. Leafeon leapt for him, the leaves upon his head becoming his own sharp blade with which to clash. They met in the middle of the cavern, Leafeon suspended in midair as he tried to push back. Irida reached Beni, attempting a punch, only for it to be caught. He twisted her around and kicked her back. "A shield you say? It must be a shield made of grass!"

"Qu-Quick Attack!" Irida coughed out. She touched to her back and winced at the bruise forming there. It didn't stop Glaceon from acting on her orders.

"Glace glace glaceee!" Glaceon zipped forward, prancing about the cave with speed. Then she was there at Gallade. Beni's eyes flashed.

"Gall!" The other arm came up, wreathed in a purple glow to block the attack. Both Leafeon and Glaceon were held in place. Yet with a slash, the purple crescent consumed them both, throwing them towards the walls with impunity.

"Leafeon! Whoa!" Beni was there already, slashing down, and Adaman jumped back. It didn't stop the man from his aggression, and in spite of his age, Adaman felt he was far spryer than the two of them combined. With a snap, Beni threw one of his kunai straight at Irida. Adaman jumped for her, pushing her down to the ground. "Now's no time to space out, Space Case!"

"I don't need you to tell me that!"

"Squabbling? Even now, in the heat of battle?!" Beni pounced, snapping his fingers. Gallade pounded his foot down, glowing with a powerful red aura as the familiar blue blades of a Swords Dance surrounded him. "It's no wonder that Hisui became what it is now: a place full of fear, conflict, an endless natured doomed to become a place where naught thrives. Your weakness has made it so! Close Combat!"

"Quick Attack!" both shouted. Recovering from their last hit, Leafeon and Glaceon hit the floor and took off into an immediate dash across the wide cavern. Gallade gave chase, all of his limbs glowing white and moving with immense speed. Beni, too, was upon them, a knife flashing down at them.

The pair split, rolling to the sides before Beni could manage to impale them. It wasn't a perfect flight, something Adaman realized by the broken, bleeding skin on his cheek. At the same time, Gallade zipped in front of their pair of Pokémon, and with a blistering kick, sent them flying back, bruises rippling their bodies. Adaman spat.

"Can't keep letting him have the upper footing," he said, finding Irida's nod for agreement. "So, we keep putting up the pressure! Make Gallade take a hit! Energy Ball!"

"Shadow Ball!" Irida shouted. She, too, had rolled to her feet. Glaceon howled with her command, and the pair ran close to each other. From Leafeon, a green, blossoming orb of energy was formed, while Glaceon matched him with the crackling ball of shadows. They fired, one after the other for Gallade. He needed not Beni's command. "Keep up the barrage! We're bound to hit him eventually!"

"Is that what you think?!" Beni had appeared in front of Irida, kicking at her chest. She took the smarting blow, while Adaman saw it as his chance to run in. His arms snapped around Beni's neck, taking him in a headlock. Their pair of Pokémon kept firing the combination of orbs that covered the wide range of the cave. Gallade began to sprint forth, both limbs glowing green and purple. "You think this is enough for me? Kamado's sword?! You're dealing with something outside your ken!"