TWENTY THREE

I laid down on my bed, listening to the laughs of my memories and the howl of the wind outside.

2:54 am, the clock read.

3:25 am, the clock read.

I got up out my bed and lifted my wand from my bed side table, my left hand rested on my forehead and my right hand clenched my wand. I let out a rather big sigh as I walked to try and unlock my door which probably wouldn't unlock because of a silly charm Dumbledore had on the door, it was really so pathetic.

I hummed a tune to entertain myself as I turned the handle and the door actually opened,

"my oh my" I whispered, there also was no house elf outside my door either wow

I walked down to the common room and sat at the couch beside the burning fire, this was the warmest I had felt since regulus had left.

it all felt like a taunt for me to leave and just disappear to somewhere sunny and off the grid, maybe an island? I've heard the Bahamas is beautiful or there is this small island off the coast of France reg always wanted to settle down in eventually if he got away from his wicked mother.     'Ile d'yeu' was its name and really I had no idea why regulus loved the island so much it only had about 3'000 people living on it, but now I think about that maybe that's the reason why he wanted to live there to get away from the business of death.

"Avery?" said a male voice, I turned my head,

"rosier" I said without expression, why was he sounding so surprised to see me.

"how are you" he asked me one of the most simplest questions in the world and spoke it with such a fine tone like we talk every day, which we don't. Evan Rosier hadn't talked to me since regulus left, nobody did and it made me really feel like a nobody.

"I'm fine thank you, and you" I  turned to face him more and gave him a soft smile, a fake soft smile.

"I'm well getting there, have you heard from him"

I looked at the poor boys face his skin had gone a sallow colour, his face slimmer and his bright aqua eyes were now a shade of grey. he looked dead.

"no Evan I haven't, do you have any idea where he even might be now as its been forever and I just want him back"

"no he didn't even mention he was leaving to me"

I could have swore I saw a tear trickle down the poor boys face, Evan used to be the life and soul of the party always laughing and joking. but that Evan was long gone.

we sat and discussed about reg, but I didn't dare tell him about the plan for us to leave. we talked about the pregnancy and life but not once did I see him rally smile or even attempt to crack a joke. I needed an Evan joke right now, especially one of the ones that would have my lungs wheezing because of how much I was laughing. he bid me goodnight heading up to bed, giving me a cuddle before he left towards the entrance of the Hufflepuff dormitories

another thing that did make me think tho, is why was he up just wandering the common room at this time and especially the Hufflepuff ones..

the next morning I regretted not leaving the castle as I had double herbology and god it was a drag and a half.