7: Aftermath

"Let me get this straight," Eda put her fingers to her lips, "The emperor of your realm is able to send whatever the hell he wants over here?"

Luz nodded while petting King, who started growing attached to her.

"The Day of Unity is almost coming for us and he wants to use he Human Realm for it. He wants to unify all of us."

"That's bullshit!" Eda sighed.

"I don't think a lot of people are safe," Luz shook her head. "But then again. This place is just...wow. I mean, the oceans don't boil. Barely anything that wants to eat you. Also, there's not fairies that want to take your skin!"

"Well, there are mosquitoes. They take your blood instead of skin," Eda replied.

Luz shrugged at that, "At least not the skin."

"I just can't," Eda was lost in thought, "...I can't process this. Like there are these bizarre things happening ever since you were here. After you fell from the sky, now I know there is a dude back over at the Demon realm trying to kill you!"

Luz sat down and turned on the TV. 

"So. What is our plan?" Luz asked.

Eda shrugged and set Owlbert down, "What is your plan? I don't know what to do. Eventually, we are going to be separated by law enforcement or by that Emperor Belos guy. Kid, I met you for like four days ago. If you are going to stay here for a long time, then you've got to blend in. As long as you're with me, you've got to be human. Alright. But from there, you have to take it on yourself."

Luz just shook her head, "I don't know what to do. They want to get rid of me. But, as long as I'm here with you humans, I'm putting you in danger. And I can't leave to go somewhere else, they'll know."

Everyone sat in silence before Luz broke it.

"Belos can't keep sending assassins to kill me. If he runs out, he's gonna have to face me himself," Luz said.

"What are you implying?" Eda asked.

"I'm implying that I should kill all of the assassins and have Belos face me. If I can manage to beat him, then both the Demon realm and Human realm will be safe. Nothing else can cause a threat to everyone. From my knowledge at least."

"You're planning to stay here? I mean obviously, but, even when you have a way home?" Eda was surprised.

Luz stayed a little silent, thinking, "Uh. Yeah. I mean. I see potential in this place. It's less dangerous, but I can see making friends here, and other stuff."

Eda smiled, "Well. We're gonna have to give you a backstory so you can have a reason for your lack of knowledge in...modern technology. If you're going out to society, there's not a lot of dangers for you  Let's say you came from Canada in the secluded parts of its forests."

Luz just gave a blank stare.

"You know what a forest is right?" Eda adjusted her position in her chair. 

"Yeah. So, you're saying that I came from the forest and I barely am aware about the progression of human technology?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Sure. You can stick with that. Just say you came from the country side in Canada. Which is a different place north of here," Eda explained

Luz nodded and gave a thumbs up, "Alright, understandable! What do we do now, though? I have no way home, and I'm here for, realistically, a long time."

Eda thought for a bit. King, then, jumped out of nowhere onto a counter. Luz gasped.

She sprinted and hugged King the cat faster than he can process.