Chapter 3. Silence

Silence 

It was more than a week since their first meeting and call. 

Neither Mew called nor Gulf. 

Mew was scared of his own feelings. He knew he was attracted to Gulf. His sharp yet innocent eyes. Those firm cheeks. His plump lips. His captivating smile.

And this scared him to core. He didnt want to fall more into it. Zee was right. It took him hell lot of time to mend himself. Not completely but yes much to Zee's satisfaction. 

Still. His heart was yearning. He wanted to see him. He wanted to hear him. Mild was looking at him from time to time. He sensed something is up but he couldnt get it. 

Sometimes Mew was sighing. Sometimes huffing. Irritating. Or Silent. 

He was attending the customers but absentmindedly. Mild was cursing Zee to leave him alone to handle this agitated big baby..

He again glanced at Mew who sighed once again. For god knows how many time in a single day. 

There was a TING at the door. Indicating that a new customer arrived. But Mew didnt see. 

The customer went upto Mew. 

"One Expresso Please. And two slices of Lemon Cheese Cake." 

Mew punched in the order and looked up..

"350 Bha... Gulf." He was surprised. He was the last person he was expecting. 

Mild saw how his mood changed in a fraction of second. 

From gloomy to happy. He was practically beaming with joy. 

And so was Gulf.

It took every ounce of his self control to leave his work and meet Mew. But he took time to assess his feelings.

And he was sure that he liked him. At least. If not Love. 

"Were you expecting someone else"? Gulf asked him trying to sound casual.

"What.. No. No. Not at all. Its just that you didnt inform me. So am surprised. Have a seat and i will be there in a moment with your order ". Mew was smiling broadly and Gulf smiled too. He was relaxed.. Kind of.

It didnt take him long to get the order done. One Expresso and Two Lemon Cheese Cake slices. He prepared one Americano for himself. Ignore all OH NOT SO WHISPERING TEASES from Mild.

"Here. Enjoy your coffee Sir." He teased Mew before Mew took the order personally to serve to his Guest. I mean Customer.

*******

"So". Mew started but was silent as he didnt know what to say. He couldnt say anything to Gulf because he himself didnt contact him.

"Am sorry. I was kind of busy. There were some urgent tasks i had to finish. Also.." Gulf paused taking a sip. "I wanted to sort few things to clear my mind about you." Gulf said looking into his confused eyes.

"About me?" Mew queried. 

Gulf placed his glass back on the table and sat straight.

"I dont know how to hide behind words. I am straight farward person and would expect the same from you. I like you Mew. That day when i saw you, that was the moment my heart fell for you. 

You may say it sounds childish. But i guess we both are mature enough to know our feelings. 

You know about me and so do i. As much as we both need to start. We can take time to learn more about each other.