Chapter 4. Promises

Promises

Gulf was sitting in the restaurant. Its been fifteen minutes and Mew didnt show up yet. He was getting nervous. 

"Did his brother reject me? Did he change his mind? But he was so happy last night. Shall i call him?" Gulf fished his phone to make a call but just then Mew entered the restaurant.

He was looking handsome as ever. Black button down shirt and black jeans. Simple yet hot. He had rolled up his sleeves to his elbows and Gulf was stuck at those veins popping out. 

"How would it feel if he chokes me..." His thoughts were interuppted by Mew. 

"Am sorry. Had to stop for a while." He held his hand out and Gulf gently held it. 

"You are looking too hot." Mew commented and Gulf smiled. No doubt he was. Wearing a white shirt with white jeans. Wearing his utmost confidence and innocence. He was the definition of purity.

"Yeah we are the ying yangs." Gulf commented and Mew laughed. 

"So what should we order?" Mew asked looking for Menu.

"Anything you like. Its my treat." Gulf handed him the menu the waitress had just served. 

******

Mew had just finished the food and was sipping on his cold drink when Gulf slipped the Velvet Box on the table.

Mew looked at him for a while and put another Velvet box beside the previous one. 

"I was late because i had to buy this for you." Mew silently told. 

Gulf stretched his hand to hold but stopped. 

"Take it. Its yours." Mew encouraged him and he opened it. 

It was a white gold chain with a white gold diamond ring band in it. Simple, yet elegant. 

"I dont know if you like simple or extravagant. But i prefere Solitaire. It speaks ONE." He explained with a slight blush. 

"Wont you open your gift?" Gulf held the box he took for Mew. 

He smiled and opened it. And he was stunned.

It was a white gold chain with a white gold diamond ring band. Same like he bought.

His eyes wide. His lips pursed. 

"We are meant to be together Mew. And yes i love solitaires too." Mew couldnt tell if it was the diamond or Gulf's eyes that were shining. 

******

"I have to go out of country for five days." They were currently sitting in a park. 

The weather turned awesome when black clouds covered the whole sky. Cool breeze was blowing. Instead of roaming in any mall. They chose to sit in a lush green park. Filled with flowers and butterflies. 

"I will be back by next Tuesday." Gulf informed him and Mew felt his heart stopped beating for a while. 

"Five days"! 

"Hmmmm" He was sad too.

"Cant delay?"

"Would have if i could." 

"Hmmmm."

"I am sorry Mew. We have just started and i have to go." Gulf held his hand. 

"But i promise. I will come back to you."