Chapter 20. Struggle

Struggle

It was after so many days that Gulf slept peacefully, and so did Mew. No nightmares no medicines. He was still sleeping when Gulf woke up. The doctor was doing his routine checkup. Looking for the medicines and his vitals. 

He silently asked Gulf to visit him in the office not to disturb Mew. 

"Have a seat. Would you like to have something mr Thiwat". The doctor asked him so he opted for coffee. 

"Well. I wont say its what we expect, but its better than before. Master Thara has shown a little sign of improvement and we can hold to this string to take our treatment at further level. 

We will shift him to the private room tomorrow and we will wait for a few more days and if he gets any better, then we will proceed with his physiotherapy".

The doctor explained in detail. And for the first time in months, Gulf smiled. 

"How can i help with it Doctor"? He asked while Bright got his coffee and sandwich. 

"We surely need you. You can calm him. You can help him with all the pain to help him stand on his feet. It will be difficult and painfull. He might get aggressive, or hyper. But only you can help him out. 

You need to be more strong for him and your baby. So will you help me"? The doctor looked at him and Gulf noded. He felt a strong grip on his shoulder.

He turned to smile at his Old Wolf. 

******

"You know Mew. The doctor says you will stand on your feet again soon. Am waiting for you to remember me and i have a surprise for you. Someone is waiting for you". He was whispering to Mew. 

He shifted a bit in his sleep. 

"The doctor says you are improving little by little. But they can hope for good. You have to wake up now. Then we will proceed with your physiotherapy. They say your spinal cord is damaged. Not much but to some extent and that means you need to work out to start walking again. But dont worry am here for you. 

You can hold my hand to walk. We would go to beach for a long holiday okay? We would witness the sunrise and sunset. I have planned lot of things for you. So better get up okay"? He was talkign endlessly. Hoping that Mew will respond to him.

"And i got...". 

"Gu..gulf". He was cut off by a low voice. He looked at Mew who was fluttering his eyes open.

"Gulf". He narrowed his eyes to get a clear image. 

"Yes baby. Am here". Gulf held his cheeks and his hands were wet in no time. Fresh trails of tears were dripping off his fingers as Mew leaned into his touch. He couldnt move around much so Gulf slipped in the bed and held him close carefully. 

"Am here Baby. Am here. Shushhh". He was peppering his face with butterfly kisses. Comforting him in his own style.

Mew clutched his shirt tight in his free hand. 

"I was calling for you Gulf. You didnt come. They beat me Gulf. They ... Dont touch me. Leave me Gulf". Gulf was listening to him, suddenly Mew pushed him away..

"Go. Go. Dont touch me. Dont come near me. Am dirty. These clothes ... These clothes are dirty. Dont touch me". He was crying hard covering his ear, eyes tightly shut.

"Mew. Baby. You are not dirty. Look its me Baby. Dont you want me"? Gulf softly held him. Despite him struggling hard to get free, Gulf held him tight. He knew only this way Mew will feel better.