A Want

Y/N POV: "You didn't h-have to go and s-say that. I w-was trying not to th-think about it... N-No way out... We're t-trapped here. What are w-we supposed to d-do...?" Toko questioned as she pulled at her hair. "It's very simple. If you want to leave, you just have to kill-" "Don't even joke about that!" Junko yelled at Byakuya angrily. "Everyone just calm down, please! We need to stop and think about what to do from here." Sayaka told everyone. "There's gotta be something we can do..." Leon sweat dropped. "All we can do is adapt. Adapt to living our lives here from now on." Celeste said. "Live here...? Are you saying we should just accept it?" Chihiro questioned, almost as if he was about to cry. "A lack of adaptability...is a lack of survivability. Survival is not based on who is the strongest or the smartest. It comes down to who can adapt. As someone who has come out on top more than once, I have a suggestion." Celeste said. "Huh? What do you mean?" Mondo asked her. "We all understand that we are trapped here. Which means we will be spending the night. However... You all remember the rule regarding nighttime, right? So regarding this 'nighttime.' I think we need to add a rule of our own." Celeste pointed out. "What do you mean?" Makoto asked her. "Going out at nighttime should be prohibited altogether. The school regulations do not actually tell us not to go out at night. I would like to make it official." Celeste admitted. 

"B-But why...?" Toko questioned. "The way things are now, every time night comes we will all start to get worried and anxious. We will all be afraid someone might try and come kill us." Celeste pointed out. "What!?" Sayaka yelled out. "If we have to worry about that night after night for who knows how long, it will wear us down in no time." Celeste explained. That as much as it feels weird admitting it...she is right, plus, worrying all the time shows on your face, I don't want to grow ugly due to fear, what a stupid reason to become unwanted. 

"So you're suggesting we limit our activity at night as a kind of preventative measure." Sakure concluded. "However, unlike the other rules, nobody can be forced to comply. We all have to agree to follow it." Celeste said firmly. "I see what you mean. But...I think I can agree to that. It's like the little goth lolita said. Without something like that, we're just gonna self-destruct." Junko sweat dropped. "On behalf of all the men here, I agree to comply!" Taka exclaimed. "Hey, you can't just decide to speak for us!" Leon yelled at him. "So everyone is in agreement? Good. Then if you will excuse me..." Celeste said as she got up from her seat. "Huh? Wait, where are you going?" Chihiro asked the girl. "It is almost nighttime. I want to take a shower before it arrives. So...goodbye." Moving with nothing but elegance, Celeste quickly left the dining hall, her behavior seemed so natural, I couldn't imagine that anyone would've stopped her even if they wanted to. 

"S-So I guess it's pretty obvious where we go from here. We'll be spending the night, it looks like." Hifumi sweat dropped. "Adaptability..." Sakura hummed. "So, Mr. Chairman...what next? One person already left, are you gonna keep me entertained or what?" I asked Taka. "U-Umm... Well then, what say we call an end to today's meeting!? Like she said, it's almost nighttime anyway. We can reconvene first thing tomorrow morning!" Taka yelled. "Do we really have to spend the night here...?" Chihiro questioned, not looking too happy with the idea. "We don't have a choice. We can't go for long without getting some sleep." Junko pointed out. "So we have to just give up..." Mondo muttered. "That's all f-fine and good for t-today, but what do we d-do tomorrow?" Toko questioned. "Our only option is to split up and look around again, and let everyone know if we find anything." Sakura responded. "Yeah, okay. Let's do that...!" Aoi exclaimed cheerfully. "Then we're done for today? Good, I'm exhausted..." Junko muttered. 

With heavy movements, I watched everyone leave to presumably head to their rooms, with a quick jump, I was on my feet and out the door, but not without looking back at Sayaka and Makoto chatting before I closed the door. 

I stood in my room for a few seconds, just simply taking everything in, even in the back of my mind, the thought of staying here scared me more than anything, I hated the idea of being away from him for more than a few hours, it seemed like no matter how many times I'll trample over others, it won't make much of a difference, It's not like I care much about these people enough to care about their safety and I'm sure they feel the same, but...I know that if I continue to sit and keep up this composed, beautiful, and unbothered form then that should be more than enough to lead to my survival, I'm ashamed of myself that I was able to let that slip today in the form of picking up a small bear and yelling profanities at it. "Hnngh, how embarrassing." I muttered under my breath before sitting on the edge of my bed, picking off any debris that could've been collected on it since my small nap from earlier. I decided to quickly take a shower before the water turned off for the day, I still have to do my best to keep up my figure, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to call myself the Ultimate Charmer...right? Once I was finished I put on a change of clothes and sat back down on my bed, waiting for something of interest to happen.