Trial 1 Aftermath

Y/N POV: I stood in a daze, not really sure how to feel, looking around my room, I don't know for how long I was like that, but the daze I was feeling kept up right up until I forced myself out of the trance-like state, I had repeatedly washed my face, over and over again, trying to give myself some closure from what I had just witnessed, seeing the dead bodies of Junko, Sayaka, and Leon...it was all a lot to take in at once. I slowly looked up at the mirror, trying to look at my face in a positive light. After a few minutes of trying to get rid of my tired voice I took a short while to breathe and mustered up a grin, I quickly walked out of my room and ended up bumping into Makoto, I wanted to say something to him, to greet him and ramble about something unimportant however I hesitated and sight of him talking to Kyoko ran through my mind. But even with these unfamiliar feelings coursing through my veins I ended up walking up to him. 

"Heya Makoto! How are ya?" I asked the boy, grinning from ear to ear. "...To be completely honest, I'm feeling a little exhausted." Makoto mumbled in response. I frowned at his unenthusiastic tone while talking to someone like me but shoved down whatever I was going to say, he did just kinda have to investigate his best friend's death and watch someone's life go out right before his eyes. We both walked to the dining hall silently, an awkward mood-killer in the air. Once Makoto opened the doors to the dining hall we both walked in to see everyone else. "Hey...are you okay, Makoto?" Aoi asked him. "You both took your sweet time! I was just about to go get you and drag you back here!" Taka yelled at both of us. "S-Sorry..." Makoto apologized. "Hmph! How rude! God forbid me to take my time to actually look nice even after everything my pretty eyes had to witness!" I huffed. 

"...So? What happened? Was your room fixed up like he said? I imagine it would be pretty hard to sleep with a rotting corpse in your bathroom!" Taka joked, obviously referring to what Monokuma had told us before we left to go back to our rooms.

Oh, I almost forgot! Since the class trial is over, I'll go ahead and dispose of all the corpses! It's okay, no need to thank me! Just seeing your delighted, smiling faces is thanks enough for me! After all, nobody wants to look at a rotting corpse every day! That can't be good for your health... Nyohohoho!" Monokuma laughed.

"Jesus, that's fucked up, man. Why would you say something like that?" Mondo muttered, looking away from Taka. "My room was...spotless. There wasn't anything left. Like the whole thing...never happened." Makoto said. "It must be tough staying there, knowing what happened. Why don't you just stay in Sayaka's room?" Sayaka asked the boy. "Well...staying there, with her scent still hanging in the air... That would hurt just as much. Plus... I've decided that I can't turn away from her death..." Makoto admitted. "M-Makoto... Hey, cheer up! Getting depressed isn't gonna help anything, right? If we all work together, I'm sure we'll find a way out of here! So everyone just...try and cheer up and get back on track!" Aoi exclaimed happily. 

"Is that honestly supposed to make us feel better?" Byakuya questioned. "Huh?" Aoi sweat dropped. "We were already 'working together' and yet someone was still murdered. Anyone could betray us at this point. Now that it's happened once, it's a question of when, not if, the next one takes place." Byakuya said. "Yeah, because S-Sayaka made the first move..." Toko grumbled. "B-But...if we work together against the mastermind, nobody'll have any reason to do something like that!" Aoi argued. "Keep telling yourself that. I'll be over here in the real world. Working together, finding a common enemy... Like it or not, it's not that simple." Byakuya responded, looking irritated. "...What do you mean?" Hifumi questioned. "The mastermind seems to be much more powerful than we ever suspected. They took over Hope's Peak, which was supposed to be well defended, then modified it to fit their desire. They created Monokuma, which seems to be incredibly advanced, and they're providing for our every need. And the cherry on top is the execution we witnessed. Everything has been planned down to the last excruciating detail. This is not the work of your everyday psychopath. Defying them may be too great of a risk..." Celeste pointed out. "Then...what are we supposed to do?" Celeste questioned. "Anyone who truly wants to escape...will just have to follow the rules. In which case, the only option is to deceive those around you, and win the game." Byakuya threw out there.