Trial 5 Investigation 2

Y/N POV: Nothing really happened when I walked to the dojo with Makoto and Byakuya, dare I say it was even a little peaceful? Once we entered the dojo I felt a little lost as I made my way around the room with Makoto, walking up to the wooden lockers and watching as Makoto took out the woodblock key, one of the lockers had to open up with the keys. "Makoto, do you see the locker farthest to the right? That's the only one that doesn't have a key in it at the moment. You know what that means, right?" Byakuya questioned. "I should probably use the key we found on that locker, right?" Makoto asked. "Aah! I just can't take it anymore! You're taking waaay too long! Gimme that!" I yelled, snatching the key from Makoto and inserting it into the locker's metal lock, and...

Click

The locker eagerly accepted the key, and it opened. I looked inside, searching for some kind of groundbreaking clue, something that would flip the trial right onto its head, but...there were only arrows inside. It looks like about...ten arrows in total. "They look like they're made of titanium, which means they're quite strong despite how thin they are. Of course, without a bow, they're nothing but strong little sticks. My eyes drifted down toward the bottom of the locker and oddly enough there was a waddled-up ball of duct tape, what would something like that even be used for? However, upon better search, I couldn't help but notice a crumbled piece of ducktape with a...bloodstain on it? "If it is, that must mean it must surely be related to the case." Byakuya concluded, well if that's true then how the hell does it run back to the case? Well, either way, it's not like there's any more for the locker to offer us anyway. I sighed as I closed the locker, disappointed. "Is something wrong?" Makoto asked Byakuya. "It's very odd, don't you think? The locker was hiding items that were clearly related to the case. But how did the key to the locker wind up in the victims' room...? Or...perhaps..." Byakuya mumbled. "Byakuya...?" Makoto called out to the boy. "Forget it. Come on. We need to continue on to the next location." Byakuya told Makoto and I. "Eh? What next location?" I asked him. "There's still something we need to look into. We need to do more research on Fenrir." Byakuya responded. "Fenrir...? You mean the mercenary group that Mukuro was a part of? But...how are we supposed to find out about that?" Makoto asked. 

"Isn't it obvious? Where in this school would you go to do research on something?" Byakuya questioned, honestly looking annoyed. "My friends!" I exclaimed confidently. "You clearly didn't graduate school on your own, that's been made clear from the start. Makoto?" Byakuya said, turning to the boy. I slumped down a little, my shoulders relaxing...er, probably not the best time to blurt a joke, Y/N. 

"Are you talking about...the archive? That's right... The archive has all kinds of info that the general public doesn't have access to. We only have too much time before the trial begins. Let's hurry." Byakuya said as he took off out of the dojo. I didn't have any time to complain before I was running on my feet with Makoto running over toward Byakuya. Once we were inside the archive, it was almost like I had forgotten everything that was immediately in there because trying to remember where everything was the last time I had walked in here back at Chihiro's trial was honestly like trying to remember your 5th birthday party. "I believe there was a file related to Fenrir somewhere over here..." Byakuya muttered to himself, I was shocked to watch Byakuya who seemed to know the archive like the back of his hand, and went straight to the shelf in the back. "Ah, here we go." Byakuya hummed as he returned with a file in hand. "Take a look at this." Byakuya said as he handed Makoto the file, making me look over his shoulder. "Umm...I have no idea what it says. What language is this?" Makoto asked. "How did you make it all the way to high school without learning a single word of French?" Byakuya asked the boy. "Honestly! French, is like, so easy to learn-" "Shut up, you obviously don't know how to speak it either." Byakuya shut me down immediately. "...Yeah." I sighed. "Uh...I'm pretty sure most high schoolers can't speak French..." Makoto pointed out, sweat dropping. "I knew someone who whenever they picked up a new client for their job, would try their best to learn it to show their utmost respect...or so they told me." I sighed.