Chapter 12- 'The Descent'

Sophie pov

After leaving Elena's house I was sitting in a cafe drinking a cookie dough milkshake. Oh my gosh it tasted so good. I got a text from Damon saying Rose got a werewolf bite.  I quickly called him.

"ROSE GOT A WEREWOLF BITE!?" I shouted and everyone looked at me i blushed in embarrassment and covered my face

"She isn't dead yet but is kinda going rabid, I'm gonna threaten Jules now" He said.

"Damon No she could bite you on the next full moon, how did this happen?" I asked.

"Well i threatened her in the grill and she said i was 'marked' then I was with Rose at home and a wolf came through the window and bit Rose instead of me, it healed at first then later we checked and it was worser" He told me and i sighed.

"Stop messing with wolfs Damon, just one bit, one bit is all it takes to kill you" I said.

"I'm hanging up i see Jules" Damon said.

"Damon no-" I got cut off by the call ending. Oh this idiot. Rose was nice i hope there's a cure.

I sat at the cafe for about an hour before getting a call from Bonnie.

"hey how are you holding up Bon?" I asked.

"Good I asked Luka to de-activate the moonstone and he did, everything's good"  She told me, she seemed happy.

"Great that's one thing. You doing okay?" I asked her, she goes through the most out of our friends. 

"Yeah I'm okay, what are you doing now?" She asked me.

"At a cafe, i'm gonna go home, Elena needs me" I told her.

"Alright, if you need help call me" Bonnie said and i said a thanks in reply and hung up getting my bag to go home. I got another text and groaned. 

"Gosh be patient Elena"

I saw the text and it said 'Help'  i widened my eyes and ran to the Salvatore house. I quickly went in and saw Elena. 

She motioned me to be quiet. We heard a noise and went to the basement and saw Rose on the floor with a blood bag. 

There were many scattered on the floor.  She turned and looked and jumped up. Elena ran with me and pushed things in the way. Rose sped in front of us.

"Rose stop, stop, It's Elena, i'm not Katherine your hallucinating" Elena said, scared. Rose stood her ground.

"I'm not Katherine, I'm not Katherine.." Elena repeated. The veins from Rose's face disappeared. Suddenly the veins appeared again and she charged at Elena baring her fangs. 

Elena screamed and fell on the floor. I got some sharp glass on the floor and stabbed it in Rose' back. She yelled and pushed me down, she hissed and bit into my neck. 

I screamed at the sharp pain. It felt like a needle stabbing me. I felt blood being drained. Elena  went and opened the curtains which led Rose to burn. 

She screamed in pain and Elena took my hand and got me up, we ran to the front door but Rose appeared. She charged at Elena trying to bite her, Elena dug her nails into the werewolf bite and rose yelled in pain. 

We ran into a room and Elena locked the door and we pushed a desk in front of the door, she opened a balcony door and let the sun come in. 

I broke a table leg and me and Elena stood still waiting. Rose was coughing.

"Elena, i know that it's you and not Katherine" She continued coughing hard.

"Elena, Sophie please i need your help" We didn't say or do anything. We glanced at each other and i was about to move the desk and help Rose when Elena grabbed my hand. 

She shook her head and we sat on the floor for a few minutes. We had to play it safe. Rose could kill us. This bite made her insane.

"Do you think she's gone?" I whispered. Elena looked at me and  then to the door. I put my hand on my neck trying to stop the bleeding. It hurt quite a lot. 

Elena got up and took the stake and we went out the door. The front door was open. I gripped Elena's hand. 

I heard a whoosh and we turned around quickly. I gasped but it was Damon.

"You okay? Where's Rose?" He asked Elena.

"I don't know" Elena said breathing heavily. Damon muttered a damn it before freezing. 

"I smell blood- Sophie what happened" Damon moved my jaw to the side and looked at my neck. He touched it but i whimpered in pain. 

Immediately he bit his wrist and i drank his blood. I wrinkled my nose at the metallic taste. I felt better, the pain was gone. "Thanks" I said. 

Elena and Damon went out to find her but i stayed home. Damon didn't want me to get hurt. 

I locked the door and stayed on the sofa drinking Bourbon with a stake in my hand. Protection you know.

After some time Rose came in with Damon. I followed them to the bedroom and Rose looked at me.

"I'm sorry for biting you Sophie" She told me, sweat on her forehead.

"It's fine it's not your fault" I told her smiling kindly. After a while we left Damon and Rose alone. I sat alone in my room for an hour. Damon came back home with blood on his shirt.

"Damon is that-" I started but got cut off.

"This is why I don't care, whenever i do someone dies, I couldn't save her Sophie I couldn't!" Damon threw a bottle on the floor. 

The glass broke and i flinched. I got up and went to Damon pulling him into a hug.

"I'm fine-" 

"No you're not Damon, it's okay to not be okay" I told him and he broke after that. Tears streamed down his face, he sobbed as I held him. 

Poor Damon. He does care, he may say he doesn't but he really does. This was a hectic day. Damon's tears kept on falling.

 I said nothing and let him take it all out. Gosh i hope nothing like this happens again.....

To be continued.......

A/N: Damon did deserve better. When i saw the scene when he kills rose i felt so bad. He cried and looked so vulnerable. Ugh and now John Gilbert is back.