Chapter 13

~Vegas POV~

Sinn had been living in my house ever since she told me about everything. But lately, she is getting too comfortable. Yesterday I tried opening the door and it only moved five centimeters. WHY? She got all her boxes from America shipped to my house.

I'm seriously rethinking my kindness.

"Brother, Hi!" She moved the boxes to let me in. Dust everywhere, Ewww. "Can you like clean up or something?" "WHAT?" Of course, she was blasting metal on my new marshal speakers. I bought them for Jazz, not whatever "Slot machine" is. AY.

I put it off and made her sit down. "Ground rules. No.1 I have a store room, keep your crap there. NO.2 There cannot be any dust here. My clothes are worth more than your company and if anything happens, I will sue you. No.3-" "Give me Phairoh's personal number." "Huh? Who's that?" "YOu know the girl Pete recommended me to." 'Why?" "Just give me it." "I don't have it." "Then ask Pete." "Follow the rules, I will ask Pete." "Done."

Next day

"Morning sir," Pete said sleepily.

"Morning Pete. Here I got you an espresso." "Um..." He hesitated. "Wait, you don't like it? But you drank it the other day?"

"I drank it to not let it go to waste. Too much caffeine isn't good. But I'll take it sir don't worry."

"NO! Tell me your preferences."

"I like coffee with milk, that's about it."

"OK. I'll give this to Erica."

"NO- It's fine, you got it for me, right? I will have it."

"Oh by the way, can you give me your friend Phairoh's phone number?"

~Pete POV~

WHAT? Does he want Phairoh's number? MY PHAIROH? Why?

"for you?"

"No no, Sinn wanted her number."

Ah. for some reason I felt relief. "I'll text you, sir. anything else?" "Nothing." He walked into his office.

Pete: Phairoh can I give your number to the lawyer who solved your case?

Fai: YEa, but why?

Pete: Idk, she asked my boss to ask you

Fai: Why ask your boss?

Pete: They are cousins.

Fai: Bitch u didn't tell me that!

Pete: \(o-o)/ (Shrug emoji)

Fai: give it, let's see, maybe something happened.

Pete:🕶️

/Chat ended/

"Pete, we have to go for the press conference for Rain today right?"

"No, it's next week on Wednesday, 4 pm. We have to be there by 1 for make-up and rehearsal and stuff."

"We're not idols, why are we getting that?"

"YOU, not me. You need to look good for the camera apparently.

"Pete, don't you think I always look good."

Self-righteous asshole. Even if it is true he doesn't have to be so pompous about it.

"Sir doesn't matter what I think, this is part of our agreement, plus its publicity for us."

"Cool. Remind me at 12:30. I have some presentations to go through."

"Sure sir."

-At the Event, one week later-

~Pete POV~

Vegas was in the crowd, he was swarmed by make-up and hair stylists. They chose outfits for him and there were people telling him what to say and what not to say.

All of that was my job but they were doing it. Although I was pretty fine with that, it felt wrong.

Vegas wasn't responding well to them either because he didn't trust them.

"Pete, can you look over this please?" He said.

"Sir no unauthorized persons allowed."

"He's a major investor in our company and he's a high-ranking employee. If anyone he could do this press conference better than me" he said.

Well, whatever he said was true. Originally I started out as his secretary but as the company got better, my responsibilities expanded. So even though I'm still his secretary I'm also his advisor and a member of the board of directors. I bought some shares king time back and Vegas also gave me some as bonuses. Eventually, I also became a huge shareholder.

"What.... He doesn't look like it does he?"

"He looks so young OMG!"

Some girls were chatting in the background.

I looked at the documents and briefed Vegas very clearly about the event, the terms and conditions, and what exactly he has to do.

It was a press conference for the company's commercials, Not just DP.

"Brotherrrrr!"

"Ma'am this is the male dressing room." A female designer said. 

"You're here though!" Sinn scoffed." Cousinnnn!!!" Sinn screamed from outside.

I got out of the tent and she was in her work clothes, a sleek high pony and she was wearing minimal accessories.

Damn her eyeliner game though !!!!

"Why aren't you at the female dressing room?"

"Got late Pete. I'm going directly, just dropped by to say hi."

"Oh ok, I'll let him know then."

Sinn was representing the legal team. It's better now that she is here in person, usually, e get her online or someone else to represent her, and those people suckkk.

"What happened?" Vegas asked.

"Nothing she just informed me that she's here, she got late apparently. "

Vegas went in for the conference and all the sponsors met up. They took a couple of fo pictures with Rain and they were asking about the products.

"Mr. Vegas, don't you think you could have been the model, considering your looks?" A female reporter asked. 'Why is that relevant?' I thought

Vegas hesitated before answering, "Is that so? Maybe Next time, I'll consider it. For now, I want to give Rain this opportunity to represent DP and I think he is a great fit."

Look at him speaking, if only he wasn't nervous during normal conversations. And he's praising that sly little shit too! Vegas is growing up huh?

"Why gender-neutral perfumes? This is such a new concept in our country, do you think we are ready?"

I don't know why but this question irked me. Vegas also looked kinda pissed but he kept it under wraps.

"I want to ask you just two things, one - when you see flowers in an ad what do you think of?"

"I think it's a feminine product."

"And why is that? Are girls dainty and delicate all the time, or is it what we expect them to be? Scratch that, when we have anything related to working out or have a blue tone, what do we think of?"

The reporter struggled to speak up and said "MEn..." Bible really got him in the bag, didn't he?

"So my point is. It's all marketing. If I add flowers and say it's good for working out men will use it as it builds up their 'masculinity'. However, women will also use the same product because they are seen as equals and their needs are being met. When all the ingredients are the same for men and women, the only thing that makes them different is the mindset. We can change it."

//Applause from the audience.

I was captivated by Vegas's voice. He presented all our hard work and he did it well. I am so proud of him.