chapter one

They say, you only catch a light once. That, the other times are just to remind you of what's ahead or behind.  Either way, a light works for both purposes.
'there's only one light kid,each of us have our entire life time to figure out what that light is and make it a part of us... That's what it's all about, the light'
Just hours ago, he witnessed his entire life flash before his eyes when he erased Mj 's memory of him being Spider Man. it was clearly not his cheerful moment at that time. So why? Of all the things to think about.
What did he mean? Peter could only imagine,for these words of Tony Stark  rang inside his head like a popular tune.  He wondered why that memory, out of all of them, would just pop out of his head. Peter ran his hands through his hair. Surely if Tony was here ,only he would understand what his passed through. Maybe that was why the young lad thought about his words.
He looked at the bar tender and asked for another drink as he kept on contaplating.
"thanks.. I'll take two of those" he heard someone, a lady to be precise, tell the bar tender.
Peter picked at the corner of his eye and saw a young blonde woman, in her early 20s,he assumed and not too far from his age. She had on a black dress with her long blonde hair tide to the front.

Her face had a  baby ish reflection that almost reviled her personality and beauty

Her face had a  baby ish reflection that almost reviled her personality and beauty . But Peter turned away quickly. He didn't want to be caught staring.
Peter then looked closely at how she rapidly gulped the two glasses of wine.
"another one " she said. The bar tender nodded his head and brought her a glass.
"wow... Do you always drink that much? " Peter asked her,
"wow... Do you always ask stupid obvious questions" she sassed back,drankardly . Peter was surprised.  Not offended, just surprised that the young lady wore the famous expression 'do not judge a book by its cover ' perfectly.
With that being said, he already guessed how unpredictable of a person she was.
"I'm sorry.. You didn't deserve that " she confessed to him, looking over him into space.
"it's all good. I understand. Hey you wanna talk about it " he offered, literally wanting her on his mind set.
At first her face beamed with relief then she contracted her lungs back into position as though realizing something.
"no... I  , it's complicated " she trailed. Peter saw the expression on her face and decided to let it be.
"so... What is a  Russian doing in New York.. You're far away from home, you know " he said, not making a big deal out of it. The girl widened her eyes then relaxed again.
"is it that obvious " she asked,
"well, the accent gives it all away " he laughed a little.
"I could be faking it " she retarded.
"see that's just something people with accents say" he shot back.
"well do you know anyone with accents like that " she asked.
"yep... Knew a friend " he said on the spot without hesitating. He was talking about Natasha romanoff. He smiled at the image in his head.
The strength, the energy and will that the 'black widow ' possessed  to leave. She was one of the strongest women he knew. The image flashed in his head again.
"hello...have I triggered a memory? " she asked. Peter looked at the girl in front of him. Although  he had just met her he could see that She resembled Natasha in every aspect. Even her use of words were similar.
"yeah.. She was a very good friend of mine " he responded
"I'm sorry for your loss.. I lost someone too" she sympathized ,talking, almost to her self.
"My sister... To the infinity war" she finished. Peter saw scars bigger than the ocean when he looked into her green, blue ish eyes. She was hurting.  Even more than him if that's possible. He had lost his friends to the war and he felt atterly lost without them at times. So he could only imagine how she must have been feeling.
Peter  grabbed her hand unknowingly and looked into her eye.
"hey... You know what I do if I think about that " he said, clearly expecting a response.
She lifted her eye brows as though saying 'what'.
"drink to the old times and tossed to the new... Coz you know im old enough now., I  blimped Soo ,I just turned 23 " she laughed as he said this, raising his bottle to hers and making a tossed.
"you're right. I  am far from home.if that even exists" she revealed.
"oh.." Peter intrigued ,not knowing why she had said it like that.
"yeah. My sister.. She loved this place and now that I am thinking this out loud I realize I'm burdening you too much with things " she

said, shaking her head.
"no it's cool,... So you feel like you being here will help you somehow connect with some parts of her. " Peter trailed off. He knew he had spilled the words right out of her mouth coz she just  hinted a laugh and nodded her head.
Peter felt his phone vibrate and he guessed it was his aunt Mae calling him for dinner.
" I totally get that,... Peter Parker " he said to her, getting up from his sit and sticking out his hand for her to shake it. She looked at it, thinking through  and through. Peter guessed that she might be wondering if she could  trust him.
She turned around slowly with a  sad look on her face.
"nice meeting you " she said blankly and carried on with drinking. Peter got the message to fuck off and he didn't hesitate fore his aunty had rang his phone for the third time now and he had to go.
"the pleasure is all mine " he said and turned away disappointed. Why he was dissapointed, he did not know.
"Yelena " she said briefely ,giving him a  small smile that set his heart to beat ten times faster than before. SHe had just told him her name. It wasn't completed with her last name but still, to Peter, it was better than before which meant everything to him.
He smiled back at her and started on his way home .
'Yelena '.there went his head again. Singing the same name just as it sang Tony's words before. Over and over again and Peter did not know why.