015

"It's decided," Biana groaned, burying her face further into her bed. "I can't go to school tomorrow. It's too embarrassing."

"Why is it embarrassing?" Sophie asked, trying to pry Biana's face off of the unhealthily squished pillow. "You didn't do anything wrong. The video was about Tam, right?"

Biana picked up the pillow and threw it across the room. "It's not just about that! Homecoming is in a week and I still don't have a date- I can't be nominated for homecoming queen and then show up to the dance by myself!"

Sophie sighed, slipping off the bed to retrieve the pillow. "Why can't you just ask Tam, then? You still like him, right?"

"Of course I do," Biana muttered. "But now Tam is going to be too mortified over that stupid video to talk to me. And if I go with someone else to homecoming, Tam's probably going to think I hate him for no reason."

"Calm down, B. Here, I'll go downstairs and grab you some ice cream. How does that sound?"

"I can't," Biana mumbled. "I'm on a homecoming diet."

"That's stupid," Sophie decided, already heading towards the stairs. "You're going to eat some ice cream whether you like it or not."

Biana sighed, picking up her phone. When in doubt, scroll through Instagram!

1 new notification: @foxfirehighschool uploaded a new post

@foxfirehighschool

congratulations to our new varsity foxfire football team! special shoutout to our new team captain, tam song - can't wait for some great games this season!

#foxfirehigh #varsityfootball #footballszn 

❤ 15 🗨 6

liked by you and 14 others

Attached to the caption was a picture of the new football team, decked out in their Foxfire jerseys. Biana spotted the obvious regulars- Keefe, his blonde hair perfectly styled, head turned to laugh with one of his teammates. And Fitz too, flashing his typical "movie-star" grin. 

But at the middle of the team was the one and only Tam- holding a football wearily, his smile uncertain. It was clear from his position, spaced a couple inches away from everyone else, that he wasn't particularly close to anyone on the team.

Biana shook her head. It made no sense. Tam didn't play any sports. He wasn't athletic or particularly fit, especially compared to Keefe. Why would he try out for the football team- and become team captain, too?

She navigated towards her texts, ignoring all the past messages she'd sent Tam that he'd stubbornly left on read.

tam im so confused rn, pls explain

youre on the football team now???

pls call me