021

When Biana pulled into Foxfire the next morning, there were sirens.

Up and down the block, on both sides of road, police cars and ambulances wailed with flashing red and blue lights. Bright yellow caution tape littered the scene and... oh my gosh. Was that blood?

"Fitz," Biana said slowly, her voice shaking. "Are you seeing this?"

"Hmm?" Fitz looked up from his phone and glanced around. His eyes widened in recognition and he sild upright in the passenger seat. "Whoa. That's not good. Is it coming from the school?"

"I don't know." Biana pulled out her phone and checked the local news.

LIVE UPDATES: Scene arises outside of Foxfire private high school

     4 Posts

         2 min ago

         POTENTIAL STUDENT INJURY- AUTHORITIES SAY CAR WAS INVOLVED

         15 min ago

          AMBULENCES ARRIVE- FOXFIRE SCHOOL HOURS DELAYED UNTIL MID-AFTERNOON

    Scroll to see more ↓

"It looks like a crash of some sort," Biana muttered. "School is getting pushed back until 1PM. I hope everyone's okay..."

"Should we just drive home?" Fitz asked, frowning. "Come on. Let's just go."

Biana nodded, gripping the steering wheel. Just as she started to put pressure on the gas, her phone vibrated from inside her pocket.

1 new notification: "tam <3" texted you two new messages

hey did u hear about the crash??

are u ok?

im fine <3

do u know who it was?

apparently some kid named dex disney or something

do u know him?

read 8:17 am

Biana felt her heart drop. "Change of plans. Fitz, stay here. Don't get out of the car."

"Where are you- Wait! BIANA!"

She slid out of the car and slammed the door shut, running towards the sirens.