ꜰɪᴠᴇ - ᴍᴀʀʟᴏᴡ

"It's called the Hollow Earth Theory. Randa hired me because I wrote a paper substantiating what most people think is a crackpot idea. That there are these massive underground spaces isolated from the surface world." Brooks explained as they walked through the jungle. Y/N was walking in between Conrad and her younger brother, both men wanting to keep her safe.

"Passageways. Randa believed this island may be one of those." San continued. "An emergence point for whatever lives below. Ancient species like what we just saw. I thought he was out of his mind."

"This is Slivko. Do you read? Anybody out there? We're headed north ot the exfil location. Everyone here seems way too calm right now. Do you copy? Anybody?" her brother spoke through the radio.

"We're out of range, Reg." she said, turning to look at her brother. "Oh, shit." he mumbled. "Save it for when we get closer to the group." Conrad advised.

The were walking along a lake when suddenly, a huge buffalo emerged from the water. Slivko put his gun up, ready to fire, only to have Conrad pull down the gun again before the buffalo went on its own way. Y/N and Mason quickly took a picture of the creature.

A little while later, they approached some kind of structures, built right in the middle of the jungle. "Stay tight." Conrad said, slowing down so the others could catch up.

"What the hell is this?" Slivko asked before they walked closer to the structures. Looking through the lenses of her camera, Mason spotted a human standing near one of the structures, making her gasp in shock.

Other people emerged, spears drawn and ready to attack. The others pointed their weapons at them, ready to shoot. Conrad put his arm in front of Y/N, trying to protect her.

"Everybody, stay calm. Stay calm." he ordered. More people emerged before a voice interrupted the tense atmosphere. "Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. No, no, no. No need for that. Come on now. Everybody, keep your wigs on now!" the man said.

"What?" Slivko asked in confusion, looking at the older man. He had gray hair, blue eyes and a long beard.

"I didn't believe it when they said you were coming. I was up all night just thinking about how me and Gunpei dreamed of this moment. And now here it is. Twenty-eight years, eleven months and eight failed attempts to get back to the world, and instead the world comes to me? Ain't that a crack? They never smile." he laughed before looking at the people around him.

"Did you crash here?" Y/N asked, frowning at the man. "Oh. Sorry, Miss. Lieutenant Hank Marlow of the Fourty-fifth. Put the old flight suit on for you." the man spoke.

Y/N and Mason nodded, clearly weirded out by Marlow. "You are more beautiful than a hot dog and a beer at Wrigley Field on opening day. But you are real. Right?" he asked.

"I told you. Didn't I tell you? I said, 'It's fine.' There we go." Marlow turned to the Natives while they drew back their spears. "There's something out there, man." Slivko mumbled.

"Oh, there's a lot out there. Now, come on. We gotta get home. You don't wanna be out here at night." Marlow spoke before walking away, the group following him.