ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - ʟɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ

Later on, the group was walking around Marlow's little room, listening to music or just doing whatever they wanted. Y/N was sitting at an open part of the wall, looking at the beautiful night sky.

Conrad walked up to her and sat down next to her. "Isn't it odd, the most dangerous places are always the most beautiful?" he asked, looking at the sky as well.

"Hmm. I'm trying to take a long-exposure photograph, but my flashlight broke. So I'm trying to burn that picture into my mind. "Oh. Uhm, try this." Conrad said, offering her his lighter.

"Thanks." she said, smiling at him as she took the lighter from his hands. She looked down at it, only to see an engraving on the flashlight.

"Royal Air Force?" she asked, turning to look at Conrad. "It was my father's. He threw it to me from the train as he rolled off to fight the Nazis. He was like John Wayne to me. Some kind of mythic hero." Conrad explained, looking off into the distance.

"Did he come back?" she asked, her eyes scanning his face. "His plane went down near Hamburg. They searched for him for months, but..." he trailed off, shaking his head.

She took as step closer to him, putting her arm around his waist and laying her head on his shoulder, offering him comfort. He put is arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer.

"I suppose no man comes home from war. Not really." he mumbled. He looked down at her, seeing the necklace that was hanging loosely on her collarbone. He noticed the pendant that was in the shape of a C.

"What does C stand for?" he asked her. She looked up at him, following his gaze and realizing he meant her pendant. "Oh. It was my father's. He died a few months ago. Got shot in the head by a Vietnamese soldier." she explained, fiddling with the pendant.

He pulled her even closer, if that was possible, and kissed her head. He was slowly starting to realize how much he had grown to like the young woman.

"What's your actual name?" she asked him, only now realizing she didn't know his first name. "It's James." he said before the both of them smiled at each other.

Upon sharing this moment, they didn't realize Mason took a picture of Conrad kissing her head while Marlow was trying everything he could to prevent Slivko from interrupting the two of them.