ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ - ᴀʀɢᴜᴍᴇɴᴛs

"Now, look, Colonel, you may outrank me, but I've been here a hell of a lot longer. And I'm telling you: that thing that just shredded us was only the first of them. Now, we're on their turf, and we need to turn back, toot sweet!" Marlow argued, trying to convince Packard.

"Not as long as Chapman's still out there." Packard answered the Lieutenant. "I'm sorry, Colonel Packard. Chapman is dead." Conrad said, holding up the dog tags as his other hand was around Y/n's waist.

"Doesn't change a thing! We're still going to that crash site!" Packard ordered, looking at his men. "What's at that crash site that you want so badly?" Y/n asked, frowning at the Colonel.

"Weapons! Enough to kill it." Packard answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Kong didn't kill Chapman." Conrad said, having Y/n's back.

"But he did kill these men! My men!" Packard spoke, showing the dog tags his in left hand. "You can't kill Kong, Colonel. Kong is god on this island. He's the only thing keeping them lizard things in the ground." Marlow said.

"He's right, Colonel. We can't kill Kong. Now, that other creature? That's the threat. And there are more of them down there. If you take away a species' natural competition, they'll proliferate out of control." Brooks argued.

"Then we'll end them, too! After we bring this thing down!" Packard exclaimed. "Yeah? And that's gonna work as well as the first time when we lost at least three men?" Y/n asked, stepping closer to the Colonel who pointed his gun in her direction. Conrad stepped in front of Y/n, ready to protect her.

"I can't let you do that, Colonel." Marlow spoke, taking his katana and pointing it at Packard. "Whoa, whoa. Wait! Hold your fire!" Conrad screamed at the soldiers who pointed their guns at Marlow.

Packard slapped the katana away with his gun and boxed Marlow in the stomach with the end of it. "This is one war we are not gonna lose." Packard spoke, turning to the group.

The only one of the soldiers who was not pointing his gun at Marlow was Slivko, trusting the Lieutenant more than the Colonel at the moment.

"Nuts! You hear me? This is nuts!" Marlow exclaimed, looking at the soldiers. "Please, you need to listen to us!" San begged. "We're not at war, Colonel. You're making a mistake." Brooks spoke up.

Stepping closer to Packard, the Colonel pointed his gun at Brooks. "Your lies got my men killed!" Packard spoke, ready to shoot the geologist.

"And you're gonna get us all killed!" Mason and Y/n spoke up at the same time, stepping closer to Packard. "Not our fight." Conrad said, calmly, pulling the women away from the Colonel and keeping his arm around Y/n's waist.

"Whose side are you on, Captain?" Packard asked, his gun still pointed at the two women who didn't even flinch. "Okay, Colonel. You'll find your Sea Stallion three klicks up that ridge. Now, I'm gonna take these civilians back to the boat. And we'll wait for you there. All right?" Conrad suggested, putting his hands up.

Packard looked at Mason and Y/n with a stern expression on his face. He put his gun down before turning to his men. "Saddle up! Let's go kill this thing! Steve, you running with the big dogs or staying on the porch?" Packard asked, turning to the LandSat employee.

"I don't wanna be on the porch." Woodward mumbled, following the Colonel. While Conrad and Mason talked to Marlow, Slivko walked up to his sister.

"I'm so sorry. I don't wanna do this." he mumbled, his head hanging low. "It's fine. I know you don't want to. We'll figure this out." she assured him, pulling her brother in a hug before he followed the Colonel.

Taking Y/n's hand in his, Conrad led the group minus the soldiers through the island. "Now, follow me and we'll get off this rock alive." he said, the men and women following him like puppies.

"There's water close by." Conrad stated, kneeling down next to a log of wood. "Are you lost? Which way?" Brooks asked the Captain. "Hang on." Conrad said, a roaring in the distance could be heard.

"Wait here. I've got to get to higher ground to find the river." Conrad said, leaving the rest of the group. Y/n followed him, not wanting him to go off alone.

"I'll be right here!" Marlow called after them as they made their way through the forrest, their fingers interlaced.