𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬

I look around the museum and see uniforms with Bucky's face on the backboard. "I think that was your suit," I whisper to him and point at it. He's looking at a black and white picture of himself laughing with Captain America. They must have been really good friends.

We walk over to it and he stares up at the platformed stage. I notice that the Captain America uniform is missing from its mannequin and only the small shield is in front of it. Bucky's old combat suit is dark blue with flap folding on top of the chest. The pants are the standard military cargo pant and it has a lot of pockets. His lace up boots tie in everything, matching with the pant color.

Suddenly, he grabs my hand and pulls me away from his and his friends' exhibit. I look at him, confused, but he ignores me. He starts walking briskly towards the exit which, thankfully, has no metal detectors. "Get in the car as quickly as you can," Bucky whispers in my ear. I jog down the steps with him at my tail. I look behind myself as he surveys the area. "What are you doing? Why aren't we in there?" I ask him and point to the Smithsonian. "Садись в чертову машину немедленно!" (Get in the damn car, now!) Okay, now he's serious. But I can fight! Why doesn't he want me to come with him? I decide to stay and he glares down at me. Something is obviously on his mind, he wasn't this protective before, even at HYDRA.

Bucky makes sure that no one is following us, and pulls my hand along as he walks with my body dragging behind. We get in the car but I sit in the back because the tension is kind of running high. "What was it?" I ask him quietly. "Rumlow," he answers and I gasp, "He and a whole HYDRA team were looking at us strangely." "Oh my god. We just can't get away from them, can we?" "We can't be here anymore. We have everything from the woods?" "Yes. It wasn't much. Where are we going?" "Bucharest, Romania."

___ ___ ___

He drives the car onto the ferry ramp and the workers secure the boat's side behind us. I move up to the passenger's seat and Bucky looks over at me. The ferry starts to move and I sense all of the people jolting forward in their cars. I look over to catch him staring at me and he quickly looks away.

Eventually, he leaves the car to get a snack or something and I drift off into my own world. This was probably the easiest and best way to get to Romania. We didn't have to go through any passport things or anything. And we can get there somewhat easily. We just have to go between Spain and Morocco, navigate through the Mediterranean, then go under that bridge in Istanbul, and take a right. I wonder what's taking him so long? You've never watched a whole movie because you blink. I wonder if dogs lick you because they know you have bones inside? Plants are farming us so that we can turn into dirt they can consume. Can Sabrina Carpenter actually make furniture? Oh! There's a radio! I should turn that on.

I reach over to the dash and crank the push the radio button. It starts in the middle of a song that I slightly remember. Shine together! Told you I'll be here forever! Said I'll always be your friend! Took an oath, I'ma stick it out 'till the end! Now that it's raining more than ever! Know that we'll still have each other! You can stand under my umbrella! I wiggle around in my seat and start dancing with a huge smile on my face. I crank up the volume and open my door. I look over the edge of the boat and we are quite far from the shore. My music floods the ferry (ha get it? floods?). I hear people get out of their vehicles and spread out among themselves. I see the little store in the corner and Bucky glances at me before turning back to getting the food.

Under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh. These fancy things, will never come in between. You're a part of my entity, here for infinity. I see people dance with their families and they twirl around. It looks like they are communicating without words which is what I was taught when I was younger. I jump up and down, twirl around, then some little kids come up to me. I lean down to dance with them and pick them up and spin them around. (what am i writing 😭) If the hand is hard, together we'll mend your heart. Because! When the sun shines, we'll shine together! The children's parents gather around me and cross their arms. I look up, thinking I've done something wrong, but they all have smiles on their faces. "What's your name?" a man asked me. He had dark skin and a sharp hair cut. "Makai," I lie with a smile. "Do you like playing with our children, Makai?" a woman next to him questions. "Um, yes?" Out of the corner of my eye, I see Bucky come out of the shop. He leans against the hood of the truck and watches the event unfold.

I turn the music way down and go back into the circle of parental figures. "Well that's good," Hair Cut guy exclaims, "We need someone to watch all of them." My eyes widen and an ear-to-ear grin runs over my face.

___ ___ ___

It's finally night and I get back into the car with Bucky. I'm exhausted from those kids running around and dancing with me. Everytime I looked up, they were harassing Bucky about his arm, or they were trying to draw on the boat. With at least ten of them to watch, it was always a handful since there are twin babies that I also decided to take on.

"Вы знаете, что отлично ладите с детьми?" he sarcastically asks. (Do you know that you're great with kids?)

"Really? I had no idea. I must have not been paying attention the multiple parents that came around every five seconds to tell me how good I was doing."

"Милые дети." (Cute kids)

"Very cute. Such a handful, though. Better not let the parents hear that."

"Отдохни, ты устал." (Take a rest, you're tired.)

"Thanks, Bucky. I will go... to sleep." I said with a tired smile on my face.

so if you didnt notice, i changed my writing style to make the dialogue much more cohesive. and tmrw im auditioning for the nutcracker!! im so excited and its a thing i do ever single year. its always so fun and i'll try to give you updates often! - love u darling

update: i got harlequin doll!! i get a big jester hat and unitard :D im so excited! i was going for clara, but they put the level above us in it, soo i was quite sad. but i get one of the better parts for my class with one of my best friends!