1 - Genevieve

I had just dropped off my luggage and was ready to face this adventure head-on. My three friends and I were traveling across the continent of Europe for a month, and I was so excited that I could scream forever and ever. I saw my barely-holding-it-together mom walk over, and our bodies entwined in a long, loving hug.

"Mooooom," I laughed as I saw her eyes begin to well as we parted. "It's only going to be a month; 30 days, it'll fly by!" I smiled to give her reassurance, as I was in the middle of trying to convince myself. "Just think, I'm going to all the places you've always wanted to go, and with all the time I'll spend FaceTiming you, I probably won't have any spare time to see all that historical stuff," I said, both of us sharing a laugh before the sadness resumed its role.

"I know, I know. I'm just worried. I'm a mom. I'm allowed to be worried about my kid traveling across the world for their first time out of the country. I have a right to be worried." she stated thoughtfully while letting out a tiny sliver of a smile.

"Oh, believe me, I'm worried too! But I have Grace, John, and Elijah with me! I'll be fine and safe, don't worry," I charmed back, hoping some of her motherly stress would fade away.

"That's easier said than done." She smirked and wrapped me up in one last hug before we were signaled that we were about to be boarding. This made us both let out a chipper grin before parting.

"And before, about the whole 'won't have time for the historical stuff,' you better because you didn't get this seven grand sitting around," she laughed while making a valid point. I had worked my ass off for the past year and a half to make this trip possible, and I was ecstatic to admit that I was able to go finally.

We bade one last goodbye before the loudspeaker informed us to get to our flight. I was beyond excited, as were the others, and our constant colossal grins spoke that clearly.