IV*

Eyes wide, [Y/N] watched as a petite girl with short blonde hair caught the pyro vision midair. From her place hidden in a tree, she couldn't quite make out what the Shogun was saying, but it clearly wasn't good.

Within a minute, the blonde disappeared. Not even a second later did she reappear, clutching the pyro vision tightly. A flying...thing flew over to the blonde in a panic. Sensing movement, [Y/N] noticed Thoma sawing the rope that bound his wrists off.

The situation happened so quickly, the ex-Shuumatsuban was barely able to keep her focus. She quietly followed the blonds to the teahouse, keeping herself hidden.

[Y/N] entered behind them, startling the blonde woman. The flying one let out a screech while Thoma stood unfazed.

"[Y/N]-chan!" he greeted, smiling.

"Thoma-kun," she returned, stroking Taroumaru's fur. "I saw the whole thing. So who is this lady?"

"My name is Lumine, and this is Paimon."

[Y/N] hummed, ears strained for any incoming noises. "Considering what just happened, you'll be a wanted criminal. Might wanna head to the Resistance on Watatsumi."

"The Resistance?"

"Yes. They're a group that's rebelling against the decree. Speaking of which, I'm with them."

"Y-You can just...say that?" Paimon inquired, tilting her head.

Before [Y/N] could respond, Thoma did so for her. "Yeah. She's an ex-Shuumatsuban. Only left because of her arrest warrant for refusing to give up her vision. Ayato-sama didn't directly fire her, though, so she might still be a Shuumantsuban. Sorry, I was rambling, but this teahouse is probably the safest area for any of us on Narukami."

The [h/c]-haired lady froze and turned her gaze to the door of the teahouse, eyes narrowed. She glanced at Thoma, who nodded and ushered Lumine and Paimon into a room.

The door of the teahouse opened, causing Taroumaru to start barking erratically. [Y/N] rested a hand on the shiba's head in a calming gesture.

"Relax, Taroumaru. It's only Heizou. You helped him the other day, remember?" The shiba inu whined, pawing at the woman's side. She frowned at him in concern before turning her attention to the detective.

"Whassit this time?" she asked lazily, gazing at him with half-lidded eyes.

"One, I know they're here. I just don't care. It's about time someone took action against the decree. Two, I can't see my favorite woman who isn't my mom?"

She exhaled sharply. "I never said you couldn't, but what's the real reason?"

Heizou let out a defeated sigh and slumped onto a stool. "I'm hiding from that stupid tengu. She's going to lecture me about "not patrolling the borders" or something."

The woman snorted and shook her head. "I'm guessing you're also hungry. What would you like?"

He pretended to think for a moment before giving her a cheeky smile. "Are you on the menu? 'Cause if so, then I would like one [Y/N]."

[Y/N] felt her face heat up and she glared at the man in embarrassment. "Shush. I'm not on the menu, dumbass. I probably wouldn't taste very good anyway."

"I beg to differ."

The woman slapped a hand over his mouth, face flushed. "Heizou!"

The detective snickered before noticing three figures in the hallway. He glanced at them with a knowing grin, which caused [Y/N] so grab his chin and pull his attention back to her. It was already bad enough that he knew where the criminals were.