8

Hazel, Isla and I were all curled up on the sofa watching the film The In between when my mum came to get me from the front room.

'Bella, Chris is at the door wanting to talk to you' she explained. 'Do you want me to tell him to come back tomorrow or do you want to talk to him now?'

I glanced over to Hazel and Isla and the both gave me a nod to go and talk to Chris.

We sat on the steps outside of my house as he wanted to explain things.

'Bella' he pleaded, 'I'm so sorry I didn't come to visit when you were in the hospital. I just didn't know if I should as I'm the reason you ended up there and I just felt horrible about it'

'You should be sorry' I replied. 'But it's fine I get why you didn't come but I just wish you would have been there. It's okay tho, Isla came home when she heard and Hazel was there before my surgery'

'That's good I just wish it would have been me that was there. Isla's back though? That's great'

'Yeah it is amazing I've missed her so much and I'm glad she's back'

'That's good then, again though I'm sorry I wasn't there'

'Chris, don't worry about it, I have to go back in though, we're having a girls night and we're in the middle of a film'

So Chris got up to leave and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

'I love you' he whispered

'I love you too'

When I went back inside of course the girls were questioning me about what happened, I would have done the same.

So I told them how sorry he was and everything else he said.

'We'll I'm glad it went alright' Isla said. 'Just make sure you don't jump too deep with him, make him prove how much he cares'

***

The film finished and I had tears streaming down my face.

I hate how emotional I get over films but I can't help it I just get too into them and feel like I am in it myself.

Isla has gotten used to it by now however Hazel was sat on the other end of the sofa making fun of me in the kindest way possible.

When we had all finished laughing at how much of an emotional wreck I was, we went up to my room where my mum had set up the spare bed.

Isla stayed in my bed while Hazel slept on the spare bed on the floor.

I was slowly drifting off to sleep when I heard Isla whisper something to me. 'Don't let Chris fuck you about, you deserve someone who will give you the world and if he can't do that then make sure you're okay with that'

'Of course I will Isla I won't let him make me look like a dick'

After that I managed to drift off to sleep.

***

It was the middle of the night and I could feel something warm getting closer to me. When I opened my eyes I saw Hazel right beside me and I didn't even mind. It gave me some kind of comfort I've not felt in a long time. I could feel her hand over my waist and it felt like a cage of butterflies erupting out of my chest.

Why the fuck do I feel like this.

I'm with Chris yet I'm getting butterflies over a girl I only known for a few weeks.

I couldn't help but to turn and face Hazel as she moved her arm away from me. She looked so peaceful.

I feel like the comfort that Chris has denied me during our relationship was being given back to me when Hazel hugged my waist protectively and warmly again.

Maybe Chris isn't like this with me because he's had a shit relationship with his parents whilst growing up as he's not seen what real love should be like.

But whenever I try to be there for him he just pushes me away as if I'm nothing to him. I do as much as I possibly can for him yet I get nothing in return.

Maybe I'm just not enough for him.

I do always catch him staring at girls who are so much prettier than me.

Maybe he's not just staring at them.