10

A week had passed.

Hazel had sent me quite a few messages to see how I am and Chris had messaged a load of apologies.

But I didn't answer anyone.

I felt too awkward after kissing Hazel and I was not interested in Chris's apologies.

My week was spent in bed watching a load of cheesy romance films. I know I could have done something useful with my time but I just didn't have the motivation.

Mum had tried getting me to leave my room but I just felt so shit.

I went downstairs to get some breakfast. I had toast as that was the only thing I had the appetite for.

'Bella, how are you feeling?' My mum called down to me.

'I'm feeling a bit better I guess, I want to message Hazel but I'm just worried'

About an hour after getting breakfast I heard a knock at the door. Mum had left for work so I had to answer it.

To my shock, Hazel was stood there with a bouquet of flowers.

'Hey' she said with a sympathetic tone.

'Hi Hazel, sorry I haven't messaged you, would you like to come in' I replied.

'Yeah that would be nice, also these are for you, I thought they might cheer you up'. She handed me the bouquet of white lilies and red tulips. They were so beautiful.

'Thank you Hazel, that means a lot'.

We went to the front room and sat on the sofa together.

'Look Bella' she said, 'I'm gonna be honest, that kiss really caught me off guard but I think I really like you and I know this is probably not the best time to tell you this, but if I don't I know I'm just going to get more anxious about telling you.'

My jaw dropped.

Did she really like me?

I was having feelings for her as well but I was just too scared to admit it.

The problem is, I am just so confused about my sexuality. I thought I was only into guys but that kiss with her just felt so amazing compared to when I was kissing Chris.

'The truth is I like you too but I'm just so confused about everything. I've never questioned myself like this before but I'm just worried that I'll fuck things up between us' I replied hesitantly.

'That's okay', she said sincerely, 'take your time, I don't want to rush you. I'll be here when you're ready'.

'Thank you, I just need some time to think about everything'.

We sat in silence for a bit and then decided to watch some tv. Hazel put on The Originals and we ended up watching a few episodes together.

After watching The Originals for a while she asked if I wanted to have some lunch. We went into the kitchen and cooked lunch together. We cooked a bolognaise together.

'This is really good' Hazel exclaimed, 'I didn't know you were such a good cook'.

'I am a woman of many talents' I chuckled back.

If I'm being honest, I didn't want to wait to start something with Hazel but I was just so worried that I would ruin our friendship.

'I have an idea', I said to Hazel.

'Go on' she replied slightly nervously.

'I think we should go on a date. I do like you and it would be nice to just go somewhere together'.

'Bella...' she paused and it made me really anxious. 'I would love to go on a date with you. What would you want to do.'

'Maybe we could go bowling and get some dinner?'

'That sounds great, but I want to pick the restaurant'

We planned the date for Saturday so I had a couple of days to prepare. But Hazel hadn't told me which restaurant we would be going to.