Jotunheim

A/N: Anything in Italics is a persons thoughts and when Nyx and Loki have a telepathic conversation.

Nyx

I stood next to Loki. We were here for his brother's coronation. He told me days prior that he had a surprise planned out for today. We laughed and snickered about it. I had a bad feeling about it though. He didn't tell me what exactly, however when a guard came rushing in during Thor's coronation, I knew it wasn't good. I reached for Loki's hand. He glanced at me.

What did you do?

He smirked.

Nothing you need to be worried about. It is simply to postpone my brother's crowning.

I furrowed my brow. Not good.

Loki, what did you do? I won't get mad.

His smirk disappeared and he ripped his hand away from me.

Learn your place Nyx. It is none of your concern.

Him reacting that way hurt, but it was normal. He looked towards his Thor. His father rose from his throne and I became concerned. The coronation was on hold. I stepped away from Loki. Loki and I had been friends since that day I came to the palace, but he still kept me at arms lengths in front of his family and his brother's friends. I retreated away and glanced at his mother. She looked concerned. I frowned and glanced at Loki. Her eyes widened.

Be careful your majesty.

Tears gathered and I rushed out. Loki was the most important person to me. He was my only friend. I had subjugated myself to mistreatment all these years just so I could be his friend. We got closer after my parents passed. They died a year after they departed. I was so sad, I didn't leave my room for days. Loki was the only one I would come out for. However, right now I am upset and hurting. When was I going to learn that he didn't really care about me? When was I going to learn that I was never anything other than a bodyguard! I shoved past a maid without stopping. Once I reached my chambers, I entered slamming the door behind me. Then I grabbed something and threw it against the wall. It was a vase. It shattered. I sat on the edge of my bed. I tilted my head back as tears made their way down my face. Moments later someone knocked on the door. I didn't answer. I simply rose from the bed and went to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me.

"Lady Nyx?" It was Thor.

Just what I needed. I stepped out and met his gaze.

"What do you need, my Prince?" His eyes swept over my face.

"We are leaving for Jotunheim. Loki is coming. Will you join us?" I frowned.

Frost giants lived on Jotunheim. Does that mean Loki's prank allowed Frost Giants into Asgard. How? How would Loki have gotten them in, especially without Heimdell seeing. I gasped. The hidden portals between the realms. The one Loki had shown me as a child. I stepped forward.

"Let us depart. Why may I ask, are we going there?" Thor stepped out and I followed suit, closing my door behind me.

"They infiltrated Asgard. Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Sif, Loki, and you are joining me. This is war. We must strike back." I frowned as I followed behind him.

"What did the Allfather say of this?" Mjolnir was smashed next to my head.

"Do not question my authority! You are but a guard! I only invited you so you would protect my brother. The Frost Giants infiltrated, this means war," he gripped my wrist and pulled me in the direction of the stables, "do not question your King again."

I didn't like his grip on my wrist.

"You are not King yet Prince Thor. I do not question you for fun, a King should never go seeking war. Is that not what your father taught you and Loki?" He released my wrist and slapped me.