Agent Coulson

Nyx

I felt some of my bones break. I couldn't see anything except black spots in front of me. It hurt to breathe. I couldn't focus. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" It wasn't a voice I recognized.

I had to be cautious until I could see.

"Who are you? I can't see until my vision clears. I know you aren't Asgardian." I closed my eyes.

I took a few deep breaths. It took a bit, but I was able to open my eyes and see clearly. I turned and saw a citizen in black clothing and something in his ear.

"You're not a common citizen are you," he looked surprised, "no I'm not. How did you know that?"

I sighed. I read up on the little we had about Midgard in the library in Asgard. For being fairly advanced people, they can be rather dumb.

"It's not like I read your mind, even though I can. It's extremely rude. Your attire told me everything I needed to know. I simply guessed." I placed my left hand out and gripped onto something.

I tried to stand. I almost fell, but then someone was helping me up. I turned my head. It was him. The mortal's name I still didn't know.

"Why help me? My people came and this place has been put in harm's way because of the Gaurdian. So why?" I leaned into him.

It hurt to stand. It hurt to breathe. It hurt to do anything because of these broken ribs.

"What was your reason for telling the civilians to leave?" What?

Was this mortal out of his mind? I thought it was rather obvious.

"So that the Guardian wouldn't hurt them. I thought that would be plain as day, mortal." He chuckled.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Are you alright? Now is not the time to be having discussions. However, if you truly need an answer, they are innocent. They would be targeted in a war that isn't theirs to fight. Now enough. We must clear out of here. This place isn't safe. Will you help me out?" I met this man's blue eyes.

I decided to search his mind.

She protected these people before all else. She could be of use to Earth. She's different, special.

I pulled out of his mind because we began to walk over rubble. I was relieved to be out of the rubble. I saw Thor upon the ground. The Guardian was making a move to finish him.

"No!" Asgard needed Thor.

I would not let him die. I may be Loki's guard, but Asgard would need the one Prince who learned what it really meant to be ruler. I transported myself away from the man who was holding me. I landed next to Thor and covered him with my own body.

Mjolnir! Please! Odin, I beseech you! He is worthy! Just please! Do not let us die here!

I could hear thunder and lightning. I turned my head to the Gaurdian. Its hand was still coming for us.

"I love you, Loki. I hope one day we see each other again. Farewell." I closed my eyes.

MOVE!

I transported back in front of the man from earlier. I was on the ground and there was Thor standing with Mjolnir. That voice was not one I knew at all. It wasn't Thor's. I felt its intent through that one command though. It was Mjolnir that spoke to me. I knew it had a specific purpose, but to know it had a mind of its own amazed me.

"Are you alright?" I looked up.

The man in the suit was still here.

"You're still here. I might as well introduce myself. I am Nyx Finnsdottir and no I'm not alright. I may heal, but I don't heal that quickly. Would you care to help me up again?" He grabbed my arm.