Chapter 2

A/N

I've decided that for the next week, instead of just randomly posting 2 more chapters, I'm going to post a chapter whenever I finish writing another one.

Yunho waited outside the door to the meeting room, waiting for the Prince to be finished talking to his father. He couldn't help but feel slightly frustrated at the King for coming back abruptly. He knows how much Hongjoong wants to be good for his father, wants to make him proud, and with that comes a lot of pressure on the Crown Prince's shoulders. As Hongjoong's personal Knight, it is his job to protect the Prince, from any danger. Lately though, the only danger has been the high standards he set for himself due to the pressure from his father. Yunho despises the man, not that he could ever say that out loud, he values his life over his hatred for Hongjoong's father. He waits patiently outside the door, until there a noise and it opens, Hongjoong stepping out. Hongjoong glances at Yunho and knows the other boy is worried about him, anxious waiting to see if Hongjoong is ok. He quickly gives his guard a small smile to show that he's ok, which is true he guesses. The smile doesn't reassure Yunho, as he can tell from the look in his eyes that the Crown Prince is exhausted and just wants to rest.

"Let's get you back to your room your Highness," Yunho said gently, placing his hand on the small of his back to guide him. Hongjoong was thankful that Yunho was there to guide him, as he was exhausted both mentally and physically. The King was supposed to be gone for two weeks, but he's come back a week early and Hongjoong had been hoping he'd get more time to relax, but now he can't. He needs to get a good rest so he will be able to continue his duties and impress his father tomorrow. When they got outside his room, Yunho stopped and turned to the Prince.

"Are you going to be ok Hongjoong," he asked quietly.

"I'll be fine. I want Seonghwa to stay with me tonight though," Hongjoong replied, looking up at the taller boy. Yunho nodded in understanding.

"I will keep guard, you just get some rest," Yunho said. Hongjoong is thankful that he has Yunho, someone who will always do everything he can to help him be comfortable and looked after.

"Thank you Yunho," Hongjoong said, patting his shoulder softly. He turned to the door and opened it, walking inside his room. Seonghwa looked up as soon as the door opened, seeing Hongjoong walked through the door. He sat up quickly on the bed, nervously watching the Crown Prince as he could see how exhausted he looked. Hongjoong's eyes met Seonghwa and he felt relief at seeing his closest friend on his bed. He walked over quickly and dropped onto his bed, wrapping his arms around Seonghwa's waist and resting his head against his shoulder. Seonghwa frowned and glanced at the door in worry, but he could tell Hongjoong needed the comfort. He pulled the slightly younger into his arms and rubbed his back gently. Hongjoong let out a breath and hugged him tighter trying hard to hold his feelings in.

"What's wrong? What did your father say," Seonghwa asked quietly, moving his hair to card through Hongjoong's hair. He can tell there is something bothering Hongjoong and he has no doubt it's got something to do with the meeting he just had with the king.

"There's been a problem," Hongjoong whispered.

"What problem," Seonghwa asked quickly. Hongjoong knows he isn't allowed to talk about what happens in that room with anyone, especial not a servant but he trusts Seonghwa with his life.

"Word has it that Balhae is planning something. Father wants us to be preparing for a possible war soon," Hongjoong whispered. Seonghwa tensed and his eyes went wide at the words and he instantly pulled Hongjoong closer in his arms. Hongjoong is the Crown Prince, he doesn't have the privilege of being able to be emotional, to let out his emotions when he needs it.