Chapter 14

Trigger Warning

Violence, Blood, Life-Threatening Wounds

"Hey, Jjongie," Yeosang said as he walked over to the younger male who was sitting on a couch, sharpening his sword. Jongho glanced up and smiled softly, patting the couch beside him for the Prince to sit down.

"How sharp do you need it," Yeosang asked, raising an eyebrow as Jongho continued to sharpen it.

"Really sharp," Jongho said with a chuckle.

"How else am I supposed to protect you if it isn't sharp enough," he asked. Yeosang smiled softly and reached over, grabbing his arm softly and giving it a small squeeze.

"I'm pretty sure you could just choke them to death, or beat them, or even pull them apart," Yeosang mumbled thoughtfully. Jongho laughed and shook his head, ruffling the Prince's hair fondly.

"I'm not sure I could do that, but if someone was trying to hurt you and I didn't have my sword, I would try every single one of those to keep you safe," Jongho said softly. He placed his sword on the opposite side of the couch and opened his arms, allowing Yeosang to quickly slip closer and cuddled up to his side and rest his head on his chest. The two of them have been getting closer over the past two days, able to spend time together and get to know each other better. Jongho loved being able to relax and spend time with the Prince. He never fully let his guard down but he also wasn't as worried about doing something wrong.

"Can we go for a walk Jjongie," Yeosang asked quietly. Jongho glanced out the window, seeing it was still light and probably would be for a few more hours. It's their last night that they will be able relax before they have to go back to the castle.

"Sure, put some shoes on," Jongho said with a nod. The two of them stood up, Yeosang rushing to put his shoes on while Jongho walked down the hall and popped his head into the two eldest room where they were cuddled up on the bed chatting.

"Hey, Yeosang and I are going to go out for a walk," he said.

"Ok, just make sure you're back here before nightfall," Hongjoong replied. Jongho nodded and went back out to where Yeosang was waiting. Jongho quickly grabbed his sword and slipped it into his belt before nodding.

"Let's go," he said.

"Do you really need to bring the sword," Yeosang asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You can never be too careful and I don't want to risk it," Jongho replied. Yeosang nodded and the two of them walked out of the house.

"Where do you want to walk to," Jongho asked the boy.

"Can we take that path over there? I wanna explore the forest a bit more," Yeosang asked. Jongho nodded and the walked to the small path across the clearing that lead into the forest. As they walked, Yeosang glanced at the younger boy, biting his lip nervously before slowly slipping his hand into his. Jongho flinched slightly before a small smile graced his face and he linked their fingers together, holding tightly. Yeosang grinned happily and leaned into the guard, leaning into him as they walked.

"You're awfully clingy, it's not like you," Jongho pointed out, not making any move to push him away.

"Is that bad? Are you uncomfortable," Yeosang asked quietly, receiving an immediately vigorous shake of the head.

"You're fine, I like being close to you. I'm just not used to you initiating so much physical contact," Jongho replied.

"You like being close to me," Yeosang questioned. Jongho looked away from the path to glance at Yeosang who was already looking at him. Jongho quickly looked away, biting his lip nervously and squeezing the youngers hand.