Chapter 12

"I want to go on a trip. All 8 of us," Hongjoong said as he swung open the door to Yeosang's room and walked inside. Yeosang shot up quickly pulling his head from Jongho's lap where he was laying previously. Hongjoong didn't even notice anything that was happening, instead beginning to pace up and down the room.

"Okay," Yeosang said slowly, raising an eyebrow in confusion. Hongjoong continued to pace up and down the room, running his fingers through his hair.

"Hongjoong," Yeosang questioned worried, not understanding why his brother seemed so uptight and nervous.

"Your Highness," Jongho called out louder, successfully gaining Hongjoong's attention as the older stopped and looked over.

"Yeah," Hongjoong asked breathlessly, his breathing coming out quick and harsh. Yeosang got up in concern, walking over to his brother and hugging him tightly. Hongjoong sucked in a deep breath before quickly hugging his little brother back, resting his head on top of his.

"You ok? What's going on," Yeosang asked softly. Hongjoong sighed and let Yeosang go before pulling him over to the bed and sitting down, pulling the younger into his lap.

"I had a talk to Eden yesterday, about what's happening at the moment in Valkyrie," Hongjoong said. Yeosang furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, not understanding what that had to do about getting away for a bit.

"Yeah, the war," Jongho nodded.

"He was talking about needing to be prepared for once Balhae overthrows Valkyrie, that they would come here next," Hongjoong said.

"If that happens we'll be in a lot of danger and we won't be able to spend a lot of time with each other. I want us to make some more memories, spend time together before it gets hard for a while," Hongjoong added softly. Yeosang frowned worriedly and hugged his brother tightly, tucking his head onto his shoulder.

"Are you guys going to get hurt," he asked worriedly.

"We'll try our best not to Angel, but I don't want you worrying about that now please. We don't know for sure it will happen yet," Hongjoong said softly. Yeosang took a breath but nodded and relaxed.

"So, what's your plan," Jongho asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yunho and I know a remote place about an hour ride from here. No one ever goes there, it's in the middle of a forest and it's beautiful. It would be a great place to unwind for a day or two," Hongjoong replied.

"Remote and in the forest? Where are we supposed to sleep," Jongho asked.

"There's an old abandoned house there. No one uses it anymore but it's still ok to stay in for a few days. We can stay there," Hongjoong replied. Jongho glanced at Yeosang cuddled in the Prince's arms before looking up at the Prince himself.

"I think it's a good idea. It will be nice to get away from everything, but how are we going to get away with it," he asked.

"Father has gone somewhere for another week, he won't even notice we're gone," Hongjoong replied.

"But what if he comes back early? He's done that before sometimes," Jongho pointed out. Hongjoong hummed and held Yeosang tighter around the waist, gentle massaging his stomach in slow circles.

"I've got a backup plan. I'll let Eden know that I have business to do in town, that will explain my absence. Father won't even notice everyone else being gone anyway," Hongjoong said with a shrug.

"When are you planning for us to leave," Yeosang asked.

"Later tonight, so make sure you pack some things alright," Hongjoong replied. Yeosang looked up him and smiled before nodding quickly. Hongjoong smiled softly and bumped his nose gently with his finger, making the younger boy giggle.