Chapter Nine

*Not proofread*

[The Next Morning at Yoongi's school]

Last night Namjoon had received a call from Principal Kil to come in early the next morning before classes started, in order to continue what they had met about earlier that day. He mentioned that all students involved have been confronted and that their parents were called. They were set to meet before classes.

   When Yoongi and his parents arrived, the school was empty. Thank God, Yoongi had thought. He didn't want for anyone to see that he had gotten both his parents involved in this. It'd make him look weak and prissy.

   "Good morning," the secretary stands and bows nervously as the three walk in. "Principal Kil will be out shortly. If you'd please take a seat." She smiles.

   Yoongi's heart almost stops when he turns and sees the familiar ugly, angry face of Kai. He's sitting next to his well-kept mother, who was in a business suit and currently fixing her lipstick using the mirror of the small compact she had. On the other side of the angry boy, was his father. The man sat in a suit of his own; he was already starting to bald and wrinkles were threatening to form on his face. He was definitely a lot older.

   When Kai's father caught sight of Namjoon, he immediately stood and walked over. "Namjoon, look at you!" He manages a light chuckle. "All grown up! Why I remember when you were still studying in cram school! Your father was a real tough one when it came to your education, but I see it paid off very well!"

   "It is nice to see you as well Kim-ssi," Namjoon replies half-heartedly.

   Jin's eyes glance to the man's ex-wife, she was obviously irritated by her ex-husband's loud conversation. She said nothing to Jin, although they had attended culinary school together and were quite chummy back then.

   Finally, before Mr. Kim could continue trying to reminisce with a not-so-amused Namjoon, Principal Kil arrives. He escorts all down the hallway, Kai and his family walking ahead of the Kims, Namjoon feeling disgruntled about the lack of respect towards his son. Instead of meeting in his office, Principal Kil takes the two families to a conference room. There was an oval table with various chairs all around the circumference of it. Yoongi sat in between his parents on one side and Kai sat in between his parents on the other side. The teen was mean-mugging Yoongi the entire time, but he didn't care.

   "I have a few other parents coming in. Some of them could not make it to this conference, however, they were explained the situation and the discipline that would be given to their children." Says Principal Kil.

   "How fortunate," Kai's mother scoffs. "My son has to sit here and be humiliated while theirs get a slap on the wrist."

   "Ms. Jae, the other students' who's parents could not attend are very much getting the same discipline your son is." He says sternly. "No one is getting a simple slap on the wrist. Not for what has happened here."

   The woman scoffs again and rolls her eyes. "I don't even understand what this is all about. The boys were just being boys, sometimes they get a little rough and someone gets hurt. But I don't think there's a need for this meeting at all." She complains.

   At that Kai's father makes a noise of disapproval. "Hei-Ran. Stop with your fussing this early in the morning." He says. "Your son is a brat and he deserves what's coming to him for his stupidity."

   Hei-Ran looks at her ex-husband sharply. "Stupidity. Really, is that what you think of your son?"

   "I do." Responds the man. "Out of everything I have done, never have I taught my son to have a disregard for the respect of others. I never taught him to be rebellious like he is."