Chapter Twelve

It was already bed time for everyone in the Kim abode and while it was not unusual for Yoongi to stay up late, this time around Hoseok was awake too. Taking the advice of his brother, he decided to wait up for when his Appa would come home so that he could sign Chaerin's permission slip.

   Yet again nervousness burned inside Hoseok's chest. He had hoped that he wouldn't tell his Dad about signing the other permission slip. And he had hoped he wouldn't be scolded for staying up past his bedtime. Still, he listened for the sound of the front door opening while also thinking about Chaerin. She was such a pretty girl; Hoseok actually liked it when she wore braids more than when she had her hair loose. The way she hugged him so tight when she had found out he had bought her the tickets for the dance made his heart bubble with infatuation and replacing the nervousness. Only two more days remained until the dance and he could finally have a tender memory with Chaerin.

   The hearts floating above his head pop at hearing the loud jiggling of the doorknob from the front door. Hoseok scurries to grab a pen and his permission slip and tries as quickly but quietly to be downstairs by the time the door opened.

   "Hoseok?" Namjoon questions at seeing his son huffing and puffing once he opened the door. "It's really late how come you're not asleep bud?" He asks, stepping in and closing the door behind him.

   This was his chance. "Appa, could you sign my permission slip to go to the school dance this Friday?" He thrusts the pen and paper forward.

   Hoseok wishes that his father wouldn't see his hands slightly trembling. He's relieved when Namjoon takes both items with a smile. "Of course," he puts the paper against the wall and signs it. "Here, now go to bed before your dad gets after you." He whispers.

   Nodding, Hoseok runs back up the stairs and mentally celebrates. Mission complete.

   All that was left was to go to the dance with Chaerin.

~

Yoongi had had enough. All day today Lu Han has been popping in and out of places trying to make small talk with him. And even when the teen would ignore him or would be listening to music, Lu Han still would converse with him.

At lunchtime, Yoongi usually sat in a fairly secluded spot outside the cafeteria. Not many students would pass through here during lunch, so he could lay back his head and allow his imagination to drift along with the clouds. Usually he snoozed a bit before his next class, but today Yoongi would not get the peace he so deserved.

"Hi Yoongi-ah!" Lu Han's head appeared over Yoongi's.

Startled, Yoongi sits up and angrily glares at the other. "What the- why are you here?!"

Lu Han smiles. "I just wanted to join you for lunch."

"Gee you really don't know how to take a hint do you?" Yoongi replies rudely. "I don't want to be friends with you!"

Sitting cross-legged, Lu Han pulls out a container from his lunch bag. "I know you don't, but I want to be friends with you," he says, taking the cover off to reveal two really big pork buns. "You didn't bring any lunch yesterday so I figured you wouldn't bring any today either." He offers one of the pork buns to Yoongi.

Eyeing the beautifully steamed bun, Yoongi cautiously takes it. "Is there poison in them?"

Lu Han takes a bite of his own bun and widens his eyes. "Oh man I think I ate the one with the poison, it was supposed to be yours!" He then pretends to fall back onto the ground with his eyes rolled back.

Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Stop that," he then nibbles at the pork bun, but the taste was too delicious that he began taking bigger bites.

It was too delicious for Yoongi to pay attention to what Lu Han was yapping about. They were almost better than the ones his dad made; almost. Soon, the bliss was over after Yoongi ate the last bite of his pork bun and reality set in. He just caved into the enemy.