Chapter Four

"I don't know what to do Namjoon." Jin weeps. "Seeing Yoongi so hurt like that. Hoseok, a nine year old, questioning if it's really okay to have two fathers; they're just children."

   The younger has an arm around his husband, rubbing his shoulder as he cries. He didn't like to see him cry, nor did he like to see his sons cry. He wasn't that great at soothing people either, he was more of a analytical person than a soft-spoken one. "Darling, this is what was expected." Namjoon tries. "It isn't accepted here in Korea. We know this because we've experienced it first-hand. Only your mother showed up to our wedding and my sister was the only person in my family who came too."

"It doesn't hurt me that we get judged and attacked Namjoon it's our children!" Cries Jin. "Making Hoseok uncomfortable and embarrassed to have two dads, that's what concerns me! If he's embarrassed now, imagine when he grows up. He's not like Yoongi who fights anyone who's against him. Hoseok is a kind-hearted boy, he listens to anything and anyone else says other than what his heart says!"

Namjoon stays silent. There really was nothing he could say, nor was there a way out of this, and it didn't sit well with him. This was only the beginning of the school year and already things were looking to turn for the worst. But out of nowhere, and seemingly without thought, Namjoon blurts out: "Let's move to America."

Jin's head lifts from its place on his palms. "Move to America?" He repeats. "Namjoon where are we going to get the money to move to another country? I'd have to get a job and who'll watch the kids? Jungkook, he's just about to be two and..."

"Well, Geongmin and Matthew live in New York and you know how she's been dying to see us and her nephews." Replies Namjoon. "Besides, Matthew's working on his career in becoming an artist and from Geongmin's told me, he's been getting good gigs and offers."

"I couldn't do that to your sister. She's already done so much for us when we were dating and then for our wedding." Says Jin bashfully. "Not to mention none of us know how to speak English other than you."

"You know how to speak English." Namjoon grins.

Jin rolls his eyes. "Oh please. My time studying in Australia was so long ago, I don't even remember anything from there." He chuckles.

"But in all seriousness Jin, the only way we can be more accepted, is if we move to America." The younger takes Jin's hands into his own. "I know this scares you and it hurts you to see the kids going through this; it hurts me too." He says. "In America, same-sex marriage is legal and there are plenty of kids who have same sex parents. That way the kids won't ever feel so left out or different."

This gets Jin thinking and Namjoon's just about won him over. "What about your job here? You've almost reached seniority, and you're just gonna leave all of that?"

Namjoon sighs. "It'll be sad to leave the others behind yes, but as head of the house, my family is way more important than sitting on my ass all day eating donuts." He smiles when this makes Jin laugh. "Why don't we sleep on it, okay? And I know it's only the second day of school, but I was thinking maybe they don't go to school tomorrow, is that fine?"

Jin nods. "I think that's a good idea. Yoongi seemed so upset and I don't want Hoseok going to school if all they're going to teach him is doubt." (Lowkey wish my parents would say something like that 🙄🙄)

   Namjoon sits with Jungkook on the sofa, the baby on his lap and holding a book. He smiles as Jungkook tries to read, only speaking gibberish. Every once in a while he'll look up to make sure his Appa was following along, the father assuring him that he is, even when he has absolutely no idea what he's saying.