Chapter Fifteen

[Hoseok's Elementary; The Principal's Office]

   When Seokjin got the call, he had to double check the number to make sure it wasn't Yoongi's school calling to say his son was in a fight. He was devastated to know that it was indeed Hoseok who was reported to have beaten a fifth grader at the school dance. It didn't make any sense to him, but he knew he had to call Namjoon to meet him at the school.

   Now the three of them sat in the principal's office. Hoseok was sat in between his parents, head down, eyes looking at his hands. He listens to everything the principal says to his parents and sniffs. The principal had also told them about the permission slips. He said they were mainly given out in the event that an incident happened with a child.

   "Kim Hoseok is a very good student. This isn't the first I've heard of this boy picking on him." Says the principal. "But Hoseok, you must find another outlet of how to deal with bullying. Engaging in vengeful acts like this will not solve anything son, trust me."

   "Thank you Principal Han, we apologize for the trouble." Namjoon stands and bows. "C'mon bud," he places a hand on Hoseok's shoulder and walks with him.

   Seokjin is the first to speak when the door shuts behind them. "I'm very disappointed in you Hoseok," he says. "Not only did you lie to us about the permission slip, but beating another student in the face?"

   Namjoon butts in. "Jin, he was bullied. It was a natural reaction; he had enough." He says sternly. "He was defending himself."

   The elder huffs. "Namjoon this isn't how we raised them to be. If Yoongi gets a punishment for when he gets into fights, the same should go for Hoseok."

   "Let's talk about it when I get home." Says Namjoon. "I'll see you later okay, bud? See you later doll."

   "Okay," Seokjin answers bitterly.

   They both walk to the van, Hoseok quietly sliding into his seat and buckling up. "I'm sorry daddy." He says solemnly.

   Seokjin doesn't say anything as he's starting the car, but he lets out a sigh and turns back to look at his son. "It's right to defend yourself Hoseok. It's wrong to bring harm unto others." He then returns to looking ahead and begins to back out of the parking lot. "I got bullied in school too. Every single day it was something. My bag would be tossed in the school fountain, I would be pushed, spit on— they would even call my parents and say stuff about me to them." Says Seokjin. "There were times where I wanted to do the same thing you did. I wanted to beat them all up and watch them beg for my mercy, yet I didn't."

   Hoseok didn't really want to hear this now, still he felt he had to ask. "Why?"

   "Because I wanted people to know I was a good person. No matter how much they bullied me, they could never say they did it because I was bad news." Seokjin glances back at Hoseok. "You have a good heart, sunshine. This was just an accident, but don't make this a habit like your brother."

   The rest of the car ride was silent. Hoseok felt bad about being in trouble, yet he didn't feel bad about what he did to the fifth grader. If only his dads knew what he had previously done to him, then his dad wouldn't have scolded him like that.

   In fact, they only started to bully him after they found out that he had two dads. If he would've had normal parents like the other students, they probably wouldn't even notice he existed. That small seed of embarrassment in his heart was starting to grow into resentment towards his parents. It was their fault he was going through that.

   Still, guilt was lingering there too. He shouldn't think like that. His parents love him and they give him everything that he needs. So why is his heart divided like this? Shouldn't he be proud to have loving parents, like his older brother? It was all so confusing.