Somewhere in the South

Warning: A bad language word😔💅
Word count: 671

"You ever think about settling down?" He said randomly, interrupting the comfortable silence. You and Bucky ran into a problem with hydra and had to go into hiding, so Tony and Steve sent you away to the south. The home was beautiful, although maybe a little small, one room. It was surrounded by fields of flowers, not a person in sight. There was a dirt road leading to the house that was only used when you made a trip to the store for groceries, every 2 weeks for the past 3 months. Right now you and Bucky sat on the steps leading to the front door while you watched the sunset.

"Sometimes." You spoke softly as you looked up at him, "why?" He let out a breath, "I don't know this whole thing has been so nice, not the hydra part but just being alone. Like we're living a normal life." You nodded and leaned on his shoulder, his arm moved around your waist and you got butterflies. You and Bucky were best friends, nothing more, sadly. It was safe to say you were in love with him, it was was bound to happen you've known him since you were kids.

"I've been up and running for almost a hundred years..." You spoke, letting out a breathy laugh, "and have never actually settled down with someone, hell, I haven't kept a boyfriend or girlfriend especially since you 'died'" You said laughing, his eyes went wide as he stared at you. Lifting your head off his shoulder you spoke, seeing his face, "what?" Your brows furrowed in confusion, "what do you mean especially since I died?" It was your turn to have your eyes widened, a smirk found its way to his lips.

You sighed and turned to face him completely, it was now or never, "Bucky when I watched you fall off the damn train I knew that I would never be the same. I knew Steve could help me but then you know-" You paused moving your hands to look like a plane crash, he laughed nodding for you to continue, "- I had lost everything, then hydra got me for 40 years and I dated a few agents there, not proud of that. Eventually Shield found me in the 80s and I have dated some people up to now but none of them could fully have my love. Do you know what has ran through my mind on evey date?" He shakes his head, "If he was Bucky he wouldn't do that, If Bucky was here I would be having so much fun, man I wish me and Bucky could do this." He grabbed your hands about to say something but you continued, "Bucky, for about 70 years I felt like I have been alone, until I was reunited with you. When I first saw you on the playground standing up for Steve I knew that I had to be friends with you, then I got to know you and I knew that I didn't just want to be your friend. James I am so deeply inlove with you and if I were to settle down I would want it to be with you."

With every passing word his smile only seemed to grow, he quickly cupped your cheeks and pressed his lips to yours. The kiss was slow and passionate, it was everything you could have dreamed of. Your hands moved to his shoulders as you brought his body closer to yours, his hands moved from your face to your waist and pulled you over to straddle him. As you broke apart from the kiss for air Bucky leaned his forehead against your own, "Doll you have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that, I love you so fucking much." At this moment you didn't know when you would go home, but right now you had everything you wanted in your arms, "I love you too Bucky." Then once again his lips were on yours.