433

433 Bear-san, Buys Tatami Mats

The next morning, I woke up on a futon laid out on the tatami floor.

It's morning already?

Yesterday, after finishing the meal. I went to the hot spring once again and fell asleep while my body was still warm.

When I got up, the cub-sized Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear, who had been sleeping curled up on either side of me, also got up.

[Good morning, both of you.] Yuna

<<Ku~u ~ n>>

After putting away the futon and changing into my black bear, I thought about my plans for the day.

I want to buy tatami mats if I can and visit the Adventurer's Guild. I'd also like to buy some other souvenirs for Fina and the others if there are any. Finally, I'd like to discover some unusual things.

As I was thinking about my plans for the day, there was a knock at the door.

I told Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear to hide. Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear trudged off to the next room to hide.

When I opened the door, I saw Konoha.

[Good morning. I've brought you breakfast.] Konoha

[Thank you.] Yuna

[Did you sleep well?] Konoha

[Yeah, the hot springs were nice too.] Yuna

[I'm glad to hear that.] Konoha

Breakfast was simple, grilled fish, miso soup, seaweed, and pickles.

Speaking of which, I'll have to eat lunch outside, but I wonder if there's anything good to eat out there.

=====

After breakfast, I returned Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear to the bear puppets, then left the room.

Then I see Konoha near the entrance of the inn.

[Are you going out?] Konoha

[Yeah, I have a question though, is there a place that sells tatami?] Yuna

[Tatami?] Konoha

[Yeah, I like it so much. I think I'll buy some and set it up back in my home.] Yuna

[I'm glad you like it. You can find the store selling tatami mats by walking for a while along the road to the right after leaving the inn. But can you take it home with you?] Konoha

[I have an item bag, so it's okay.] Yuna

I also asked for the location of the commercial guild, the adventurer's guild, and the city's tourist attractions, and wrote them down on a piece of paper.

[Thanks.] Yuna

I thanked her and left the inn.

=====

I'll head to the tatami mat shop first.

As I walked along the streets, people who saw me shouted in surprise.

<Bear?> <What's that?> <A Bear?> <Where is she from?>

The bear costume stands out wherever I go.

I pulled my bear hood to cover my face.

When a few kids came up close and started to go around me saying <It's a bear!> and <You look weird!> I wanted to kick them, but I put up with it.