DOES HE......

DOES HE......

       Four days,it's been four whole days since the incident with Asher. Without those four days he had called,begged and promise there was nothing going on between him and Elena the boss's daughter. The Nigerian side of me was screaming leave this dude ,but I couldn't . I loved him so much and  I know he is deeply sorry for what he has done. So here I was Infront of his apartment ready to fix things with him and that is what we did after he opened the door.
"Babe wetin this guy give you make you chop" Amaka ranted using the popular Nigerian pidgin English . Amaka has been my best friend for years.so even when I relocated from Nigeria ,the distance had never put a strain on our relationship. My attention tuned back to Amaka and her ranting since I told her everything that transpired between Asher and I including Elena's part. I don't know why I told her everything, maybe because she was so far away I wouldn't have to face her accusing glare often. If I was with her now,I would probably be dead as I watched her explode on video call."You suppose chop two by two. Babes your so beautiful ,kind and most of all intelligent. What man wouldn't want that? Why do you have to settle for that excuse of a human being? .
Indeed,I understood Amaka. She was right but for some reasons I couldn't leave Asher ,I just loved him so much.

         " He has apologized. We all make mistakes and besides I love him" I hit back at her . She looked liked a deranged lion ready to pounce on me "Mistakes,that was a deliberate act not a mistake.I don't bring that love crab , Your so intelligent but this guy has certainly got your mumu button" she replied disgusted by little speech. "I know you care about me but you have to understand I love him and we are ready to fix things" I spoke softly. I knew I definitely had her there. "It's your decision and I can't say much other than ,Does he love you? "

        Unknowingly that question stuck with me the rest of the day after she hung up. It was a question that I knew will stick with me for a very long time. It's been a few months since I forgave Asher and things were pretty good between us. I turned deaf ears to whatever whisper or rumours that were going round the company. Satisfied with the inspection I had done ,I started to make my way towards my car. Sometimes inspections has to be done personally to make sure the surveyor ,site manager and every other employee was doing a good job.After a short trip back to the company, I made my way to the elevator with a mental note to have Timi get me lunch.

      After work I decided to go for drink at a bar not too far from my residence. The night was pretty cool and the few shots of drinks did me good. " Lonely" a voice boomed beside me . I liked this voice,it was just hot and comforting at the same time. I was stunned that it's owner happened to be the mystery man from across the coffee shop , funny how concidence works " Well looks like I'm not any longer" that wasn't me it was the alcohol speaking. Was it? . He smiled and his eyes shone brightly,he had one of those develish soul sucking eyes."you can say that again" he replied.