AGAIN

AGAIN

     "Jamal" he introduced. "Cally, Calliandra" I muttered. Jamal turned out to be a really cool companion through out the night. "Thanks for the night Jamal" I said after he was kind enough to walk me out and flag down a cab for me. "Well if you really want to thank me,how about you text me" he replied . I smiled"maybe you can find me instead" and with that I was gone.

    "Asher stop " I manage to say admist my giggles. This human being knows how much I hate being tickled but that didn't stop him from doing it. "Go shower you stink " I added . "Alright,I'm going to shower but as soon as I'm done be ready to be conquered again" he growled dramatically before heading to the bathroom. He is so sweet,we are in such a good place and I'm positve we will get married. I mean what could possibly go wrong.

      His phone chimed on the bed , Asher must have forgotten to take it with him. That dude carries his phone around like it's a part of him ,I ignored it but it notified another  message. I should probably take it to him, it might just be work. Once again it chimed,it definitely had to be important. Shock greeted me as I saw name on the screen,why will she be texting my man. I didn't have to wait long as I got my answer with just a click.
Asher had got out of the shower about thirty minutes ago, I suggested we have a drink some wine together. And that's exactly what we are doing. "You know I was thinking we should maybe go on a little bit of a weekend getaway. Just the two of us away from everyone and everything"he started with a smile while stroking my hands lovingly . "Oh really, when?" I asked excitedly. "Maybe next weekend" he answered, I arched my brows in confusion "why not this one?". "Oh it must have skipped my mind to tell you I will be visiting my parents this weekend." .

I chuckled "Right. All of a sudden , your weekend get away with her is a visit to your parents...wow" I chuckled loudly again much to his horror.The look on his face was priceless, "What are you talking about?" he tried to growl in anger and confusion but I wasn't going to give him that privilege,not today,not ever again. " It's funny how you can comfortably seat to drink a glass of wine I gave you after everything you have done to me. Who knows what was in maybe the glass or drink ..."I gave a corny smile at the end of speech to a terrified Asher whose facial expression alone was akin to someone in contact with death.

"For two years I have endured your dismissive remarks because you felt threatened by my intelligence. I have mellowed down and pretended to be a fool so you may think yourself a man. Really "A Man ?" You think sleeping around makes you one ? Chuckle.. Your not a man, your a disgrace to manhood and what my Nigerian people call olodo . I wouldn't even say olodo since you had the sense to steal my work and sleep with my friend, just wow.You my darling Can never be a man , just an insecure boy who thinks he should have everything good without working for it." I don't think Asher has ever seen this side of me ,he was in too much shock to even attempt to stop me from leaving.

As i Walked out of his apartment,I felt a sense of relief that I haven't felt in a long time . I didn't cry neither did I hurt anymore probably because I had already cried enough the past months and I was done . The bitch is back.
Tessa opened her grinning widely. Earlier I had texted the girls asking to meet up at Tessa's , as soon as she saw me she gave me a hug  almost squeezing the life out of me. "Tessa I can't breathe" I dramatically screamed which gave us both a good laugh. "Well I just missed you" she replied while pouting. Anika bashed in from the kitchen screaming the entire house down "Bitch,I missed you" , such an adorable sweetheart sometimes we act more like children than the adults we are. "I Know,I know . You didn't have to scream the whole house down". Anika giggled before commenting on how good I looked, "Asher must be making you glow, girl" to which I chuckled. " I know right" I gave my reply with a proud look.

We settled down to have some cookies whilst talking about our week . "Do you remember when Asher stole my work? Well he may also have been sleeping with the boss' daughter" I told the girls. At that moment I decided to give them a run down of everything the happened that day . By the time I was done Anika was fuming with anger and ranting "Cally , you should have let me beat the hell out of that man " . Anika , always looking out for me like a sister. "Why didn't you tell us?" Tessa asked sadly with guilty expression while squeezing my hands. "I guessed I was ashamed and also refused to believe it" came my reply. " I feel so ashamed that I didn't notice you were going through all that"Tessa continued ."Oh Cally , you should have said something, that man is a cheating and lying bastard that needs to be dealt with" Anika continued on her anger spreee .

"Why Anika, sad he cheated on you" . The whole room suddenly went silent . Tessa with a look of confusion and Anika with a horrified look, what an excuse of a friend. "What? You thought he loved you or was only sleeping with you..chuckle dream on girl,you sleep with your friend's man and expect him to be Faithful to you.You must really have a fairy tale going on in your head .It hurts when a man cheats but the betrayal stinks even more when you find out it's with one of your best friends the pain cuts deeper than a knife.Its scary you can laugh with someone and sleep with her manwhore at the same time. Your such an excuse of a friend "

I didn't realize when Tessa got up until she threw a glass of wine at her." Get your ugly black ass out of my house before I kill you". She raged. In all our years of friendship, I have never seen Tessa this angry. She barely gave the dumbfounded Anika a chance to speak ,one moment a glass was thrown at her and the next moment an enraged Tessa was chasing her out with a now almost empty bottle. In different circumstances this would have made a good comedy play but I just sad there with relief until a still angry Tessa came back to throw out the last of Anika's property out of her apartment."What a long day " I thought as Tessa engulfed me in a hug ,we both sat there in each other arms as I began a new chapter in my life.