Spa day

Mom dragged me out of the house instead of letting me sulk in my blissful sadness. I was just peacefully napping on the couch with Dandi before she told me to get ready 'We're going out.' Of course I am not about to tell her no, she can be pretty scary. I got dressed and saw mom leaning on the couch fixing Dandi's collar. "Ah, finally, get in the car," she demanded. I slipped on my shoes and got my bag, "You're not gonna make me go over to Luca's are you?" I hesitated. 

"No! You know I also went through fights with your dad and my ex's." She raised an eyebrow in an accusing way. I let out a nervous chuckle before I got grounded, "Heh- ha- uh- I'm getting in the car," I stammered, as I slipped out the door. Mom scoffed but followed close behind, locking the door. I got into the car with a grunt and fastened my seatbelt, mom did the same and started up the car. The ignition roaring to life as the AC turned on, the air blowing directly onto my face. We sat in silence as she turned her signal on to turn right, tik tik tik tik tik tik.

The I leaned to the right as she turned right, the sounds of the tires being rolled and crushed against the road. The light went from neon, bright green to yellow then soon to the dreaded red. I sighed as I sulked in my seat, Mom looked over she was about to open her mouth to say something but the light turned green. She sighed and turned her worried gaze onto the road. I couldn't help but wonder where we're going, it was so out of the blue. "Mom, where are we even going anyways?" I pressed. "You'll see, you'll see," Mom had an excited grin, if she weren't driving she would've been jumping up and down with excitement.

We pulled into a parking lot, I turn my head up towards the building sign. No. Way. WHAT. She brought me to a SPA!! This has to be a dream. IT'S SO FANCY! I gasp and look over to my mom then to the spa then over at my mom. With each turn of my head her smile grew bigger. I finally got out of my starstruck trance and managed to blurt out, "A SPA?! THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM!" I exclaimed as I pulled her in for a hug.

We head into the lavish building, the bell on top of the door jingled as we entered. The lady at the desk looked up from her desk, her butterfly locs shook as her head turned. She looked to be a few years older than me, probably late teens or early twenties. But she was gorgeous nonetheless, breathtaking if not gorgeous. 

 "Hi! Do you have an appointment or would you like to book one?" She politely asked as she began typing away on her computer. "Yes, we have an appointment for Jo, in about 5 minutes," Mum or should I say 'Jo' replied. "Okay! I see that you're in our system, please take a seat over there and we'll be ready for you in a few." We walked past the elegant lilacs that were placed on both sides of the desk and went over to the waiting area. As we walked I noticed that Mum was wearing these white opened toe sandals, they must be new. They clacked as each time her shoes touched the white marble floor, but imagine if someone got water on the floor, that'll be a mess. But I feel like I'd be the one to spill water everywhere and get hurt, eh. 

As soon as I got to sit down, 'Jo' was called for her appointment for two. "Wow, mom, or should I say 'Jo'? That was quick." Mom gave out a little chuckle and sighed saying that she'll explain the whole origin on 'Jo' later. First they gave Mum and I a little privacy to change into our robes. The robe probably costs more than my entire life savings. Which was to be fair, 25 dollars and 51 cents. The robe was a dark navy blue that had their logo embroidered into the front of it. They touched an inch above my ankles, the insides were a soft fleece lining that warmed my skin at the touch even though it was still august.

I stepped out of my changing room and waited for Mum to come out too, soon we were both heading over to our mani pedis. Once I began getting it nobody told me it'll me this relaxing. I mean I know it's relaxing but like THIS? I almost fell asleep! Amanda kept on having to make sure I was awake as she was dipping my feet in this liquid, I think it was water? I kept dosing off and this was my first ever mani pedi. Okay, do not fall sleep. I will punch myself if I do. Actually that'll hurt. No. Okay You got this. Just think about something else. Okay no I slept through it. But hey! At least I didn't move my feet! Soon Mom and I were heading to the massaging room,I got a facial massage, a back massage and a foot one from me crying for 5 hours straight, hunching my shoulders from crying, and moping around and crying. Yes, We love tears. So. Much. 

Once Leslie got to work on my facial massage it was like Heaven, no joke. Suddenly I forgot all about tears, crying, Luca and tears! Her hands are a gift from God. She is the true hero we all need. I hope she never has a bad hair day in her life. But I doubt it, her hair is always on point. Soon enough, It was time for my back massage and oh my God. Who KNEW it would be like THIS?! It's like all of my hunched back days are gone from existence. Then it came to my foot massage. This. This is just chefs kiss. Mom would kill me if she heard what I was thinking about right now. But, I'll just say it since it is my mind anyway. Who needs makeout sessions when you have massages?! Especially foot massages. My man better give me some in the future, that is if I ever find Love again. 

Lastly Mom and I went to the sauna to finish our day of relaxation. The thick foggy and hot room made beads of sweat appear on my forehead, hopefully I don't break out on my forehead again. Now that I think about it I should probably quit being lazy and start doing my nightly skincare. Eh, you only live once. I look over at my mom dozed off in the corner looks like she's enjoying it heh. "Enjoying it, mom?" I tease giving a little chuckle. She does a little grumble and snore at the same time... I'm not sure it's even an actual sound. Sadly our session was over and we changed back into our clothes, said bye to the nice girl at the front desk and left. The air outside had a specific scent to it, as if there was a barbecue somewhere or a fire pit. The summers always smelled like burning charcoal, or sunscreen. We got into the car and the AC kicked on, the cool air swirling from the vent and flowed through my hair and refreshed face.