𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆:𝐀𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃?

This question never appeared in my mind when I first started writing on Wattpad. I simply wrote a chapter and uploaded it.
But, over time, I've come to realise that that was not the best decision.

There are two options. Either you write as you go, publishing every chapter after writing, or you write the whole book first, find an uploading schedule, and post gradually.

The second option is easier, and for more reasons than one.
If you publish as you go, it's hard to keep up with a consistent schedule, whereas if you've already written everything, all you need to do is set an alarm for every time you have to upload, and post!
It's also hard to have motivation to keep writing every week, and, sometimes, you will inevitably have burnouts and disappoint your readers.

One major reason I prefer writing beforehand is editing.
When you publish as you go, you can't go back. Once the chapter is published, it is published and unchangeable (for drastically changing it too late would force the readers to reread it).

If you write everything beforehand and, suddenly, in the middle of chapter 21, remember an old plot hole you never completed, you can easily go and fix the problem. Things like that really do make a difference and show how serious you are about writing to your audience.

All in all, I would definitely suggest writing beforehand, finishing it off, adding. last-minute touches, and then publishing.